Servoy 3.5.9

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 3.5.9

Postby drookwood » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 pm

I am seeing similar issues with borders / margins on fields in table view, and I do specify margins as well in the CSS. It appears that every field has an extra 1 pixel margin or border applied which disappears when you click on the field itself. HTML areas in table view also behave differently to fields - where the CSS is set to "border-width: 0px 0px 1px 1px;" the area is actually displaying with 2 pixel width borders where specified instead of 1 pixel width borders - until you click on the area itself, then it correctly shows only 1 pixel. Normal fields are not similarly affected - if I specify the border as "border-width: 0px 0px 1px 1px;" then that is what is displayed BUT there then appear to be extra margins added which again disappear when you click on the field.
drookwood

Postby martinh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:01 pm

Case 199988 was added
martinh

Postby Gabi Boros » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:16 pm

[quote="martinh"][quote="Gabi Boros"]please note that using setChildSortDataprovider, you specify the sorting for the children of a node,
and therefor if you want the root nodes to be sorted, you need to sort the root foundset, before adding it to the tree;
also, note that the child sort dataprovider should be in the left table of a relation[/quote]

I know. It worked correctly in 3.5.8. There was a fix from 3.5.7 to 3.5.8 and it looks like this fix is gone.
And I see the problem in the childnodes[/quote]

can you post the code where you are building the binding, with the child sort provider & the return of the child sort provider ?
Gabi Boros

Postby martinh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:24 pm

var _binding = elements.dbtreeview.createBinding('globis_framework', 'sec_user_menu')

_binding.setChildSortDataprovider('treeview_sortorder') ;
_binding.setNRelationName('sec_user_menu_to_sec_user_menu$parent_menu_id')

treeview_sortorder calculation:
return 'parent_menu_id asc, menuitem_sequence asc';
martinh

Postby Gabi Boros » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:38 pm

[quote="martinh"]var _binding = elements.dbtreeview.createBinding('globis_framework', 'sec_user_menu')

_binding.setChildSortDataprovider('treeview_sortorder') ;
_binding.setNRelationName('sec_user_menu_to_sec_user_menu$parent_menu_id')

treeview_sortorder calculation:
return 'parent_menu_id asc, menuitem_sequence asc';[/quote]

the bug is that only the first sort is applied from the sortorder;
can you fill in a case for this ?
Gabi Boros

Postby martinh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:47 pm

3.5.9 isn't bringing luck to me ;-)

Case 199996 was added
martinh

Postby john.allen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:11 am

I'm having similar display issues with 3.5.9 in table view. In addition what hasn't been mentioned are buttons on a Mac in table view. They completely lose their OS X quality of being distinct rounded buttons (when having a height between 26 and 29). I've attached a images in Designer and regular 'browse' mode. I'm going to have to go back to 3.5.8 until this is resolved...[attachment=0]3_5_9_MacButtonsBrowse.png[/attachment][attachment=1]3_5_9_MacButtonsDesigner.png[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john.allen

Postby jcompagner » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:34 am

john,

what happens if you really set the margin (through the designer or through a style) on 0,0,0,0 for that button?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby john.allen » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:34 pm

Hi Johan,

Unfortunately for the button it doesn't seem to make any difference (it does work for the regular fields in table view). In addition to losing its 'button shape', the text becomes weird in the button on 3.5.9. The only text in the button is one 'hyphen' or 'minus' sign (to indicate to the user that pushing that button will delete that record). With 3.5.9 it becomes three dashes/hyphens/minus signs instead of one and so loses it's visual meaning. Again this is only in table view. In record view everything (fields, buttons) seems to look fine.[attachment=0]Picture 15.png[/attachment][attachment=1]Picture 14.png[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john.allen

Postby troy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:56 pm

Just wanting to throw my voice into the mix that some aspects of bordering on table elements is now messed up in 3.5.9 and 4.1.1.

On a normal table view form, I use a Special Matte border to give a dotted line beneath the entire row. (As an aside, it would be way cool if stylesheets supported dotted or dashed bordering. They don't, so I'm stuck with setting it on an element by element basis....) On certain types of fields, this no longer displays the same as it did in 3.5.8 or 4.1.

Specifically, comboboxes, checks (with a valuelist), dates, [text/html] area fields, and radios double the border specified if the border is one of the following types: Etched, Bevel, Special Matte. In the pictures below, I did all the examples with Special Matte, but they work more or less the same with the other two as well.

Attached are two pictures to illustrate this:

Screenshot #1:
All fields in this picture have the exact same border property set. It is "SpecialMatteBorder,0.0,0.0,1.0,0.0,#000000,#000000,#999999,#000000,0.0,1.0". The field display types are (in order from left to right): text_field, date, checkbox without valuelist, checkbox with valuelist, textarea, and combobox. Notice how only the text_field and checkbox without valuelist render the border correctly. All the others seem too thick.

Screenshot #2:
Here we see three date fields with different borders. Column 1 has the same border as above. Column 2 has a 1.01 size for the bottom border. I did this so that Servoy would be forced to space out the doubled border a little bit to make it obvious. Column 3 has a 0.5 size for the bottom border. When 0.5 is doubled we end up with 1.0, which is the border I wanted to begin with.

Even though the screenshots are from a Mac running Leopard, the same behavior was replicated on a WinXP box. Note: I tried making sure the margins were 0px using a style class as well as punching it directly onto the element. There was no difference in the end result.

Is there more information I can provide to clarify the issue?
troy

Postby drookwood » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 pm

One more issue:
Can anyone confirm that this works for them: [fix] case 80394 Webclient: Forms with a navigator show unwanted scrollbars ?

In my case I still see unwanted scroll bars on all forms in web client where a custom navigator is used.
drookwood

Postby martinh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:04 am

Troy,

When I see your picture, I see that the first city is nog on the same height as the second city (look at Amersfoort)
I noticed also that sometimes a field/label is 2px higher than designed.
I guess in smart client you don't have this difference

Martin
martinh

Postby troy » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Martin,

Those screenshots actually are from smart client. I had increased the height of the row so it was easier to see the bordering issues, normally I have the row height set about 5px less.

The reason for the two cities not lining up is that one is a text_field while the other is a text_area. Since I never use text areas in a table view, my styles sheet doesn't have a margin on it that would make them align better.

So while the screenshots may look like they have other issues, the only ones that I can't get around at this point are the double bordering.
troy

Postby ellenmeserow » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:42 am

One of the below fixes seems to have broken a release that was stable in 3.57 and 3.58. It's just that it's forcing a save before a sort, and while I know saving before a sort (when unsaved changes are present) is required since 3.1, never did 3.5.8 didn't care about this instance apparently. We've rolled back to 3.5.8 for now, but on top of the problems I'm having with my newest solution (see forum post http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 277#p62093) I'm not in great standing with my customer. Any help would be VERY appreciated.

Changes:
[fix] case 195122 Open form in dialog for the second time exits find mode.
[fix] case 190986 form in dialog and currentcontroller issue
[fix] case 190951 strange behavior on form in dialog
[fix] case 199556 showRecord, does not take over the currentSelectedIndex in some situations

The reason I believe it's one of the above is because I'm in form in dialog, have just performed a find, and probably use showRecord too -- definitely controller, though not currentcontroller.
ellenmeserow

Postby Jan Blok » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:33 am

ellenmeserow wrote:It's just that it's forcing a save before a sort, and while I know saving before a sort (when unsaved changes are present) is required since 3.1, never did 3.5.8 didn't care about this instance apparently.

Sorting always saves (unless auto-save is off, but then sort is ignored if there are unsaved records), since Servoy leaves sorting to the database, it has never been otherwise
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements