Servoy 5.1 Final

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 5.1 Final

Postby birgit » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Gabi

I did find the exported solutions file. And I did the import again. During the import the attached questions comes up about sequence changes. Since I did no not know what the process will do depending on my answer, I did it twice with both answers. And in both cases: The auto enter values are there. All correct.

One difference to the environment we had when importing six weeks ago: The DB was different. We created a new one and I do not have a backup of that new version while we did the import. So I took a backup of the last version. The one which was valid when exporting the solution (Sybase 10).

I still guess, we lost the auto enter value definitions while synchronizing. Either we made a mistake or its a Servoy bug. But: If we made the mistake: why are the auto enter values for sequences there? Are they handled different?

Regards
Birgit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
birgit

Postby Gabi Boros » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Birgit,

and if you share & commit the new import, are the auto enter values saved in the remote repository ?

regards,
Gabi
Gabi Boros

Postby birgit » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 pm

Gabi

Since we continued our development (database and code) for weeks now, I'll not commit anything so old. There are so many differences, even in the resources, that the chance is big, I commit something wrong. We'll define the auto enter values by hand again.

Maybe you have the chance to simulate what we did: Create the whole database, export, import and synch. And check what happens to all auto enter values.

Next time we migrate code and database we'll pay attention what will be committed during synchronisation.

Thanks for the support and regards
Birgit
birgit

Postby eliza81 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Here is an example to help understand this issue :

Let’s say you are showing a list of products, with fields such as, ProductID, Product Name, Category Name, Units In Stock, Price. And your product table has only the ‘Category_id’ field and you are populating the Category Name through a relation, ‘product_to_catagory’. And if you sort basing upon, ‘product_to_catagory.catagory_name’, then you will loose all the records from the product table that don’t have any category associated with them. This will happen even if you click the headers in the Table view.

Solution:

There are two solutions for this issue.

Method -1:

If you are sorting on a related value, MAKE SURE these fields always have some VALUE on them.

Method – 2:

Change the ‘Join Type’ of the relation to ‘left outer join’. That’s in our case, change the ‘Join Type’ of the relation ‘product_to_catagory’ to ‘left outer join’.

http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/Avoidi ... oy-482.php
eliza81

Postby ROCLASI » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

Eliza,

Why are you posting this ? Nothing in this thread is about a sorting problem.
You have been doing this in other threads as well. Why ?
You've [b]double posted[/b] an unrelated answer to februari 26 of this year as well and today you do the same.
You have done 6 posts on this forum so far, 1 of which is already modded by the moderators and 4 are double posts with unrelated answers.

To be honest your behavior on this forum has all the characteristics of a link-spammer. And in my opinion link-spammers should be banned from this forum, any forum really.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby david » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 am

As of this version, debugger does not work from headless client. We've been trying (with a lot of issues) to move up from 5.0.1 to 5.1.2 and just noticed it. So installed the two versions in between to see where it quit working and it's this one. Maybe something to do with the headless client plugin that was introduced in this version?

This issue is a major one for us!
david

Postby pbakker » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 am

Please file a case about this in our support system.

Paul
pbakker

Postby david » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:27 pm

case #: 288453
david

Previous

Return to Announcements