Servoy 5.1.4

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 5.1.4

Postby jcompagner » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:27 am

that null pointer problem is fixed in 5.2 but i am currently looking why that happens, because if i look at the code it shouldn't really be null there (and the extra null pointer check in 5.2 shouldn't be needed)

So for now the only thing i see is move to 5.2.2, again 5.2.2 would be 5.1.7 anyway if we didnt go open source. If you disable enhanced security 5.2 would just be 5.1.5
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby ronm » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:11 am

I have isolated the problem to the use of different navigators when switching between forms.
The mainForm uses the control_form navigator while the mainHidden form uses the control_alt navigator.
When I switch between these forms, I present a different set of control options to the user.

If the navigator on the mainHidden form is set to the same navigator as used on the mainForm form, the code will work in the 5.1.4 Web Client.
As shown in this test, the only difference between the navigators is their names.
This is clearly a regression bug since the same code worked in the Web Client when using Servoy 3.1.x, 4.1.x and in 5.2.1.
It does not work in the Web Client when using Servoy 5.1.4.

I am faced with delaying a major software release in order to move to 5.2.1 and start testing all over again or to rewrite the code associated with the two navigators to combine them into one navigator and show a specific set of control options depending on which form (mainForm or mainHidden) is visible.
Either way I am faced with a significant delay in releasing the software unless the wizards at Servoy and on the forum have a solution.

I enclosed a simple solution illustrating the bad behavior in the 5.1.4 Web Client. All versions of the Smart Client are not affected. There is no browser dependency either as it fails in IE7, IE8, FF 3.5.9 and FF 3.6.10.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ronm

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:41 am

please file this as a case at http://www.servoy.com/s
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby ronm » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 pm

Jan,

I have filed case #323986.

Best regards,