Servoy 5.2.12

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 5.2.12

Postby jcompagner » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:03 am

the thing is that in 5.2.10 the SP where fired twice because everytime you touched a calc in a calc that calc that you called was never cached..
So that calc was always executed no matter what, even worse if you would do:

Code: Select all
function mycalc()
{
  var x = myothercalc;
  var y = myothercalc;
}

then myothercalc is really called and executed twice..
There where also other side effects because if myothercalc would return something that is not directly its type (so it is declared as a number but you (sometimes) return a string)
it would be a string in the calc that calls it, but if you would call it directly from normal scripting or from the ui it would be a number.. because we do the conversion then.

So that is what we fixed, by making sure it always goes through the cache, but this seems to have a side effect in your case.
I can think of a quick fix, but that would still mean that the calcs with the SP would be called twice, because if they really are accessed at the same time by 2 threads i just execute them twice, so i am still thinking what the best fix would be.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Robert Huber » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 am

Hello

I just would like to add that we see similar behavior in our school admin application. We are very dependent on correctly and fast working calcs (using other calcs and stored calcs), as we use them to calc test and exam results over many semesters. We only use table view (edit and non edit)
The calc enhancements introduced in 5.2.11 are for us a good move, as far as we can see. But there are still things like Hans mentions and we are also very happy if Johan and Rob investigate further in good working calcs, as they are often a fundamental part of an application.

Regards,
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Postby jcompagner » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:06 pm

hans his problem is already fixed and tested by hans.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Robert Huber » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Very nice, I assume the fix will be in version 5.2.13?

jcompagner wrote:hans his problem is already fixed and tested by hans.
Robert Huber
7r gmbh, Switzerland
SAN Developer
www.seven-r.ch
Robert Huber

Previous

Return to Announcements