Servoy 5.2.13

Servoy announcements

Servoy 5.2.13

Postby Jan Blok » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:01 pm

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Servoy 5.2.13

This version is available through the download option on the Servoy website and auto update.
Always make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before installing/upgrading.
To update a Servoy eclipse open "Check for updates" via help menu.

Client Changes
[fix] SVY-1916 Servoy reports an exception in the log, but client doesn't respond to the exception
[fix] SVY-1885 Editable field with value list - different behaviour in web client and smart client
[fix] SVY-1710 The foundset selectedIndex is higher than the size of the foundset
[fix] SVY-1697 Aggregate values in a label using display Tags are showing wrong values.
[fix] SVY-1694 Javascript error in Internet Explorer 8
[fix] SVY-1810 "StackOverflowError in relation
[fix] SVY-1948 Elements on a sub form with a global as dataprovider don't get updated/refreshed when the global is changed in code.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Re: Servoy 5.2.13

Postby jcarlos » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:40 pm

I am having an issue with a valuelist based on a relation in Servoy 5.2.13 when I have an event/method attached to the field.

When displayType = TYPE_AHEAD, the pull down does not work. It does not show the related values in the valuelist. The TYPE_AHEAD does not pull down to show the related values in the valuelist.

When in COMBOBOX the pull down works as expected.

I tested this onAction, onFocusLost and onRightClick events.

Now, I just tested this without any attached event, and it did not work either!

This problem showed up after an Update from Servoy 5.2.12. I did an auto-update.

I have to point out that I have never had a problem directly associated with an update (new version) of Servoy. This is the first time I perform an auto-update, but I don't think this is the source of the issue.

Best,
JC
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos

Postby mdeian » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 am

Hi JC, i cannot reproduce the issue you've described, after updating from 5.2.12 to 13.
Can you please specify smart/webclient and if multiple actions/methods are set on that field.
Can you please post a case on Servoy support: servoy.com/s
A sample would be useful.

Regards,
Deian
mdeian

Postby jcarlos » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:32 am

mdeian wrote:Hi JC, i cannot reproduce the issue you've described, after updating from 5.2.12 to 13.
Can you please specify smart/webclient and if multiple actions/methods are set on that field.
Can you please post a case on Servoy support: servoy.com/s
A sample would be useful.

Hi Deian

The problems seems to occur in both the Smart Client and Web Client. But this solution is a Smart Client solution.

Yes, two methods are set on the field with the valuelist attached. One method is triggered at onFocusLost event. It saves the data (record) in the database. The other method is triggered at onRightClick event, which just shows the form in a tab panel by setting the tabIndex of a tab element to show a form.

I don’t think these events are creating the problem. The valuelist is displayed properly when the field’s displayType = COMBOBOX. It does not work (pull down/show the values) when the field’s displayType is set to TYPE_AHEAD or TEXT_FIELD.

The value list is based on a relation, a quite deep relation: defendants_dispositions_to_proceedings_dispositions.proceedings_dispositions_to_gov_proceedings.cases_defendants_ref01

I was hoping this was an error on my part. That’s why I did not post a case on Servoy support.

I will now.

Thanks, JC
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos

Postby jbrancoIF » Wed May 02, 2012 5:06 pm

Two related questions:

1) Did you change the database server connection timeout?

For some reason I have a database server that is down and Servoy Developer was taking forever to start.
So I killed it and to isolate the problem disabled all servers in properties file, start developer again, try to enable server by server to see which one causes problems, when found it stopped and it's waiting like for 45 minutes now.
I'm not sure if it's just the timeout that's too big or other problem.

It's not the first time that happens to me but I think was quite quick in previous versions!

2) Related to this
The other day we made a Solution install in the Servoy Application Server and we had two database connections that weren't not valid anymore.
This connections were not needed or referenced in the installed Solution.
The problem is
- if we started a Smart Client right after starting the Server, after hit OK in the login form, the client hang for between 5 to 10 minutes until the Solution open.
- If we open a client after that there was no problem
- If we restarted the Server the problem happens again

We checked the Server log and found 2 Errors related to not being able to connect to that 2 servers.
We tried 2 or 3 times and confirmed that when the client responds the error appears in the log

Of course we removed the connections and everything is ok now, but this is not kind of a bug? Should I report it?

Regards,
João
João
InfoForm SA

Servoy 2021.03
jbrancoIF

Postby jcompagner » Thu May 03, 2012 1:03 pm

1> we don't really control connection time outs as far as i know
thats just up to the driver
But the developer shouldn't really hang for that i think, it just should report the wrong servers
But it could be that somehow the connection the the db servers ipadress or something just never really fails, why that is is just weird
if i say connect(x) and x is not there i expect a connection problem pretty fast.

2> Same story here, if you have db servers that just are not there anymore you should remove of disable them
But if you don't then servoy will try to connect to them, and yes if that takes a lot of time somehow to get a connection error then that will just happen
The server will try to preload all tables from all servers that are enabled, doesn't matter if there is a client started.
This is to speed up clients so that the first client doesn't have to wait for its tables.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Announcements