Servoy 6.1

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 6.1

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:44 pm

briese-it wrote:Hello,
TabPanels are not fired in Firefox on my system with Version 6.1, it's always on the first tab and I cannot switch to the others. IE9 is working fine. Has someone else the same problem?

can you reproduce this in a sample? Please make a case with that sample.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Karel Broer » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Great job ServoyDevTeam! +++
Karel Broer
ServoyCamp - http://www.servoycamp.com
Karel Broer

Postby omar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 am

Hi Guys, just wanted to let you know that with a little help from Marc I got the Retina fix for Eclipse to work in Servoy as well! Looks perfect. I will put up a detailed description somewhere a.s.a.p.
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Postby briese-it » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:42 am

Hi Johan,
I have created an testsolution and it's working with firefox. Maybe the problem regarding tabs is depending on the framework but I will check this.
Michael Harms
Briese Schiffahrts GmbH & Co.KG, Germany
- Servoy 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Postby briese-it » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 am

I have tested my main-solution and if I test the forms with tabs in debug-client (within firefox & Chrome) everything is working. It is not working if I start it with the framework (only IE9 and Smart-Client is working). Well, I think it's really a problem within the framework.
Error when tracing is on:
Code: Select all
Thread:    http-8080-8
Category: com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug    
Message:  couldnt resolve the page of the component, component already gone from page? returning empty
Last edited by briese-it on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Michael Harms
- Servoy 2020.3.3.3565_LTS Running on Windows 2019 DataCenter - MSSQL2017 & PostGreSQL
briese-it

Postby rossent » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:39 am

We are getting the following error when attempting to import solutions in Application Server:

com.servoy.j2db.persistence.RepositoryException: Data model change needed: server - argos_user_data table - ap_payment but is not allowed from import preferences.
       at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zj.Za(Zj.java:239)
       at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zj.importDatabaseInfo(Zj.java:655)
       at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zdb.Za(Zdb.java:397)
       at com.servoy.j2db.server.Zc.Zdb.importFromJarFile(Zdb.java:549)
       at com.servoy.j2db.server.servlets.ConfigServlet.Zi(ConfigServlet.java:2338)
       at com.servoy.j2db.server.servlets.ConfigServlet.service(ConfigServlet.java:2697)
       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
       at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
       at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:554)
       at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
       at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859)
       at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
       at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Some additional information:
- we update the databases with a separate tool before the solution imports and ensure that the Servoy application server is restarted after the database updates so it can pickup the changes
- when importing solutions we do not use the Servoy option "allow data model (database) changes"
- I have verified that the table ap_payment exists in the argos_user_data database
- when I try the solution import again, a similar error will be thrown but this time for another new table or column (as if the server now "sees" the table/column on which it failed before but does not "see" the next change); after several attempts which fail on different tables or columns the errors will start to repeat/cycle through the same tables/columns;
- we have been using the same database update and solution import process for quite some time now without these issues - even RC1, RC2 and RC3 worked fine (did not try the RC4); it appears that this changed behavior is introduced after RC3
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby briese-it » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:50 am

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 pm

briese-it wrote:Next problem.
I want to change an Image at runtime depending on a result within the record. In 6.0.6 I have used onRender with event.getRenderable()["imageURL"] = "media:///Info_xy.png";

that was not supported code, this will not work in 6.1
We have (and had) only a supported set of properties that you can set:

http://wiki.servoy.com/display/test61/Renderable
Johan Compagner
Servoy

I see but how can I do that now? I tried it with a styleclass and imageurl in putClientProperty but that's not running, too. I need a status with different images depending on a calculation at runtime.
For better understandings:
The Images are clickable, then a popup form appears with a related foundet (Record-Informations). I want to have a status preview in the main form (maybe green,red...) if there are records in the popup form. Normally it's really easy, but I don't know how to do it in Servoy....
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby norbert » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:07 pm

briese-it wrote:Hello,
TabPanels are not fired in Firefox on my system with Version 6.1, it's always on the first tab and I cannot switch to the others. IE9 is working fine. Has someone else the same problem?

Yes, we have the same problem with a dialog containing tabpanels. We can open 2 different tabs and after that we cannot open any tabs anymore. Clicking on the tab title shortly shows the ajax loader and then a debug message is logged: "couldnt resolve the page of the component, component already gone from page? returning empty". This is in Firefox, in IE no problems.
norbert

Postby briese-it » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:14 pm

Ok then I'am not the only one with such problems :-) I have posted it in the framework-section, too. I hope Sanneke will read it soon.
Michael Harms
briese-it

Postby norbert » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:19 pm

rossent wrote:We are seeing some strange behavior in the Web Client.

In Firefox:
- on TABLE_VIEW forms, all buttons in the grid do not display the images set via the imageMedia property, in all other browsers which we tested the images are displayed correctly

Has anyone else seen something similar

Yes, we see similar things. For us it is not related to TABLE_VIEWS. For all buttons that have no titleText set, but only an icon (imageMedia), AND showClick is set to true, the icon is not displayed in FireFox. We have to set the showClick to false to show the icon, but then the button styling is removed.
In IE the icon-only buttons show normal, regardless of showClick.
norbert

Postby rossent » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:48 pm

We use self-relations (relations where no join criteria columns are specified) to share the same foundset with multiple forms at runtime.
For example, given a self relation table1_to_table1 and forms formA and formB both based on table1, we share the foundset used by formA using

//code executed in the context of formA
    forms.formB.controller.loadRecords(table1_to_table1);

In 6.0 this worked fine even when formA did not have any records loaded - in such cases formB was being assigned the same empty foundset as the one in formA.

In 6.1, if formA does not have any records (the foundset it empty), calling the method above results in exception Error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find function loadRecords for argument null . Basically, when there are no records in the formA foundset, the relation table1_to_table1 returns null instead of the same empty foundset which it did in 6.0

I am not sure if this is the designed behavior or a bug. If this is the designed behavior, how can we safely share/assign the same foundset from one form to another even when the foundset is empty? Perhaps, having a new method in the form controllers similar to: controller.assignFoundset(someFoundset) will be handy and will allow us to share foundsets among forms without the use of self-relations (the self-relations are still needed when using TabPanels and assigning forms at design time).
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby rossent » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:15 am

Hi all,

In the final 6.1 we started experiencing quite often the following issue - during debug sessions, the Servoy Developer and the debugged Smart Client will freeze. Many time developer have to kill the Servoy Developer process, occasionally after several minutes the Servoy Developer will come back to life. The issue is not reproducible at will and at the point where the Developer will freeze during one session it will work fine during the next debug session.

Does anybody else see similar issues? In the past we have had similar issues, but they were very rare. After the release of 6.1 almost all of our developers are seeing these issues on a daily basis.
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby omar » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:33 am

I've had a similar situation on a few occasions which was also related to the debugger. In my case the progress indicator on the lower right of the screen would go to 70% (for globals.js) and stop there. After a few minutes I would get the message 'unable to connect to the IDE' or something like that. I could solve this by taking all code out of globals.js, save it, put all code back, save it again and restart Servoy.

I must say however that this was in 6.1RCx and I have not seen it occur in Servoy 6.1 final.
Intrasoft, Founder
Omar van Galen
omar@intrasoft.nl
+31-(0)6-21234586
Servoy Developer
omar

Postby jcompagner » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 am

briese-it wrote:
I see but how can I do that now? I tried it with a styleclass and imageurl in putClientProperty but that's not running, too. I need a status with different images depending on a calculation at runtime.
For better understandings:
The Images are clickable, then a popup form appears with a related foundet (Record-Informations). I want to have a status preview in the main form (maybe green,red...) if there are records in the popup form. Normally it's really easy, but I don't know how to do it in Servoy....

this just can't currently be done with onrender, we just don't support that property, you can make a case for that that we also add that property

But can't you do it directly with a calculation? that returns directly the byte[] of the media you want and attach the calculation to a label or something?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:41 am

norbert wrote:
rossent wrote:We are seeing some strange behavior in the Web Client.

In Firefox:
- on TABLE_VIEW forms, all buttons in the grid do not display the images set via the imageMedia property, in all other browsers which we tested the images are displayed correctly

Has anyone else seen something similar

Yes, we see similar things. For us it is not related to TABLE_VIEWS. For all buttons that have no titleText set, but only an icon (imageMedia), AND showClick is set to true, the icon is not displayed in FireFox. We have to set the showClick to false to show the icon, but then the button styling is removed.
In IE the icon-only buttons show normal, regardless of showClick.

are cases created for these FireFox problems?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements