Servoy 6.1

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 6.1

Postby david » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:16 pm

jcompagner wrote:So to really have this working you have to really delete the link node from the dom or set the href property of the right node to zero (or maybe update it to a new one)
But this is quite change in a specific behavior that we have to implement then

Tested the following code snippets with Chrome developer tools:

Code: Select all
// store style sheet link
var x = $('link[rel=stylesheet][href*="CRM2_0F_companies_0_"]')[0]

// remove style sheet from the dom
$('link[rel=stylesheet][href*="CRM2_0F_companies_0_"]').remove()

// add style sheet back to the dom
$('head').append(x)

// define link for slightly modified css style sheet
var y = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://localhost:8080/testing/style_test.css">'

// add modified style sheet to the dom
$('head').append(y)

Works pretty slick -- no page flicker, instantaneous style application, no complete blanking out the window. Depending on how much dom manipulation is going on when recreateUI() is called, I would expect recreateUI() to be about as fast and smooth as changing records on the one hand (very little browser re-render happening) to changing tab panels on the other (quite a bit of browser re-render happening).
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby david » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:01 am

Another case to vote for please! Anchoring in web client produces a ton of synchronous UI blocking ajax calls. Biggest web client UI performance issue we've found so far -- see video attached to the case:

https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-2748

As no results are returned from these calls, I don't think that a particular call is dependent on the previous one's information. Seems possible then to fire one ajax event to send the anchoring information for all the objects instead of each object sending its information to the server.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby kvanacker » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:06 pm

Rename of media items in media subfolders seems not to be functioning ?
Koenraad Van Acker
konXsys - IT Consultancy & PRINCE2® Project Management
http://www.vfp2java.net
http://www.vfp2servoy.net
kvanacker

Postby lvostinar » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 am

kvanacker wrote:Rename of media items in media subfolders seems not to be functioning ?

Indeed, there is already a case for it:

SVY-2638
Renaming media inside a media folder does not work

Will be fixed in 6.1.1 .
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Postby rossent » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:25 pm

We like a lot the option to mark specific tables as metadata tables and to be able to include system data in the deployment.

Can this be extended a bit further and expose the data serialization to/from xxxxx.data file as methods? For example something like:

Code: Select all

databaseManager.exportFoundsetDataToFile(foundset, fileName);
    databaseManager.importFoundsetDataFromFile(foundset, fileName);
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby patrick » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:08 pm

You could use the XML plugin for that. It has a feature to create a XML from a foundset including relations and calculations if wanted. Then, it can also create a XMLFoundset from a XML file, that you can use to process the records in the XML.

http://www.servoy-plugins.de
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby john.allen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:01 am

No tabs in tab panels in 6.1 web-client...
I'm in the process of upgrading a solution from 5.2 to 6.1. I started with various 6.1 release candidates and didn't notice the issue in web client before. It's possible I missed it because I mostly test in smart client but I don't think so.
Attached are two images, one from my 5.2 solution and the other from the upgraded 6.1 solution. The tab panels are just plain vanilla, nothing fancy. This is in Developer and I've tried both Firefox and Safari with the same results on a Mac running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). Any ideas what could be causing this? I'll probably be upgrading to OS 10.8 one of these days but my users won't necessarily be doing that.

No errors are reported and can't see anything significant in the log. The only output from the log around the time I last launched the web client is this:

2012-08-07 17:46:13,959 ERROR [http-8180-1] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - ComponentFactory:unkown type 18, uuid: 294FB561-FB64-4642-838D-943F99D50583, parent:patient [955A33FD-611D-426C-AF4D-E6B63A9CF07C URO_ONCOLOGY]
2012-08-07 17:47:32,893 ERROR [http-8180-2] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - ComponentFactory:unkown type 18, uuid: 294FB561-FB64-4642-838D-943F99D50583, parent:patient [D6190931-3830-470E-8065-0F5226FF1B31 URO_ONCOLOGY]

Please advise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Postby ngervasi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:19 am

From the screenshot it looks like you are using the Alternative CSS for webclient but you forgot to install the css files in your templates dir, look for this in your code: application.setUIProperty(APP_WEB_PROPERTY.WEBCLIENT_TEMPLATES_DIR, 'custom');
Nicola Gervasi
sintpro.com
SAN Partner
ngervasi

Postby jcompagner » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:21 am

John, are you sure you don't have any custom things overwritten? For example your own mainpage.html in your server/webapp/root/servoy-webclient/templates folder?
Or any kind of custom css (or the thing nicola is pointing out yes)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby john.allen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:13 pm

:oops: Of course... I have only 'dabbled' with the web-client starting about a year ago with my 5.2 solution. At the time I read about Harjo's custom template for webclient and thought that sounded cool and so installed it. Imported the application to 6.1 but not the custom template forgetting that I installed that (and obviously not ever fully understanding all what it did!). And obviously again I guess I hadn't even launched the solution in 6.1 as web client in the couple of months I've been working on it or I would have seen it... Oh dear. Sorry about that. Hopefully I'll remember it at least!

One further question: What I'm doing in 6.1 is trying to fix/resolve the various 'warnings' before deploying it. I notice that 'application.setUIProperty' is deprecated. Still works but I can't seem to see what the replacement is for that function. Is there one? Or should I just get rid of that template and function? (I do quite like the look Harjo's template gives).

Thanks both of you!
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Postby jcompagner » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:27 pm

John, hoover over setUIProperty and press the ALT key, then you should get the actual doc that will tell you that you should use @deprecated use putClientProperty(Object,Object)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby john.allen » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Excellent and very good description of the replacement function when hovering. I know Paul mentioned that tip about hovering on deprecated functions in one of his talks. Lot going on in the old duder's head I guess! (Big Lebowski reference... best movie of the last 20 years!)
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Postby tgs » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:03 am

Hi all,

I would like to come back to the utils.dateFormat() function.
In Servoy 6.1.2 I still get the deprecated warning while setting the date format and not parsing. The function is in the list and should work without warnings, or?
Ok, I can add "@SuppressWarnings(deprecated)", but I don't think that this could be the solution.

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:01 pm

i see fv_find_txt variable..
i guess that "_txt" tells me that that is a String variable
but dateFormat is : (Date,String) not (String,String)
for that we have parseDate(String,String) that is for parsing a string to a date and returning a date
dateFormat is formatting a date and returning a string.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Previous

Return to Announcements