Servoy 6.0.7

Servoy announcements

Servoy 6.0.7

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:29 am

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Servoy 6.0.7 release (releaseNumber 1235).

This version is available through the download option on the Servoy website and auto-update.
Always make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before installing/upgrading.
To update a Servoy eclipse open Check for updates via help menu.

This release fixes 2 security related issues SVY-1840 and SVY-1958 both considered minor severity.

Note: Anyone having edited the WebClient Main.html template, make sure you merge with the latests template changes.

All the issues addressed:

Client Changes
[enh] SVY-2061 Performance Issue improve needed adding a Table Filter Param
[fix] SVY-2591 Aggregation (count) returns null instead of 0 after deleting the last record in the filtered foundset
[fix] SVY-2520 Text Area with no data provider causes null pointer exception on find() in list view
[fix] SVY-2449 controller.PrintPreview call causes IE error
[fix] SVY-2407 WebClient table sort not working if data in Label or Field as Label
[fix] SVY-2380 Severe degradation in performance when editing records (in a found set) when these records appear on a form at that time within a client
[fix] SVY-2321 Split Panel divider position cannot be set when using in one of the panels a TABLE_VIEW form which has a TitleHeader part in addition to the Body part
[fix] SVY-2296 plugins.serialize.fromJSON fails to de-serialize JSDataSet from string with "argument type mismatch" error
[fix] SVY-2280 Table-based valuelists return duplicate (non-distinct) items if more than 1 column is selected to be displayed in field/list
[fix] SVY-2220 Tab Order on forms displayed as modal dialogs in Web Client does not cycle and allows users to interact with the parent form
[fix] SVY-2212 Large typeahead failing in 6.0.6
[fix] SVY-2207 Tooltip & Mouseovers randomness
[fix] SVY-2123 Drop Down Menus Flicker where there are dividers inside
[fix] SVY-2121 Radio Button Text turns into black
[fix] SVY-2085 Login on third time throws internal error
[fix] SVY-2069 Behavioral difference between webclient en smart client.
[fix] SVY-2053 The JSEvent.getSource() returns null in the onDataChange event callback invoked from CALEDAR fields
[fix] SVY-2017 Element.format does not work on the web when the dataprovider is a database datetime column
[fix] SVY-1975 Foundset sort issue
[fix] SVY-1960 Client freezes occasionally when displaying the login screen.
[fix] SVY-1956 Calculation that returns html with embedded images are not rendered correct
[fix] SVY-1948 Elements on a sub form with a global as dataprovider don't get updated/refreshed when the global is changed in code.
[fix] SVY-1916 Servoy reports an exception but client doesn't respond to the exception and does not know what caused the error
[fix] SVY-1885 Editable field with value list - different behaviour in web client and smart client
[fix] SVY-1882 Tooltip text not escaped
[fix] SVY-1880 Adding a default format of "####################" fails servoy validation if users enter something like "1234"
[fix] SVY-1863 Onrender handler arguments are not passed to handler
[fix] SVY-1810 Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StackOverflowError in relation
[fix] SVY-1694 Javascript error in Internet Explorer 8
[fix] SVY-1542 onDataChange event triggered twice when in tableview and when globalmethodvalidator is set

Developer Changes
[fix] SVY-2562 Code sample for JSDataSet.addRow has confusing/incorrect comment
[fix] SVY-2509 JSForm.getName() not working
[fix] SVY-2488 styleName changes are not working across extended forms
[fix] SVY-2472 Wrong returnvalue on form command '-none-'
[fix] SVY-2389 Exporter.bat does not work with some solutions
[fix] SVY-2270 ctrl+shift+z does not work
[fix] SVY-2268 designer solutionview highlight yellow color does not work if you are working in the code file to that form
[fix] SVY-2217 solutionModel.removeRelationItem() not working
[fix] SVY-2204 Database views are marked as Hidden and Deprecated even though they have a column which is marked as "row_ident" and does not allow null values
[fix] SVY-2190 When adding a new form to a solution or module, it is automatically set as the firstForm ignoring the prior setting
[fix] SVY-2141 Interactive console wrongly displays array with functions.
[fix] SVY-2087 Can't find the LabelFor property
[fix] SVY-2071 Solution refuses to be activated
[fix] SVY-1974 Changing location of grouped elements generates nullpointer exception
[fix] SVY-1973 Database View dbi information is not included in solution exports if there are no forms based on the view
[fix] SVY-1964 Invalid warning 'unreachable code'
[fix] SVY-1957 Using SolutionModel to create forms with a dynamic datasource result in strange Exceptions in Web client
[fix] SVY-1933 Developer performance on Servoy 6.0.6
[fix] SVY-1915 Element is missing the function getDataProvider() while in Servoy5.2 it has
[fix] SVY-1410 subclass row selection (odd, even selected) on portal
[fix] SVY-1850 Parameter of a button are not inherited
[fix] SVY-1699 Spaces are added when saving methods with E4X, this leads to runtime errors
[fix] SVY-1697 Aggregate values in a label using display Tags are showing wrong values.
[fix] SVY-1549 Hovering over a foundset during debug is slow and information displayed is not very useful
[fix] SVY-1655 Using custom (extended) PropertyEditorSupport can make Developer on Mac freeze

Server Changes
[fix] SVY-2582 Directory listing webclient templates contains wrong URLs
[fix] SVY-2155 "Listener invoked from non event dispatch thread" in the log
[fix] SVY-2025 Error when AS keyword used in JSFoundset.loadRecords(SQLquery) containing ORDER BY
[fix] SVY-1946 Repository not updated when changing PK definition of a column in the db
[fix] SVY-1926 "root object not found" error when trying to launch solution after clicking compacting twice.
[fix] SVY-1877 Maintenance plugin throws an error in the smart client
[fix] SVY-1872 wicket*.jar give errors when resign with another certificate
[fix] SVY-1840 When a password is changed via the admin console the old password remains valid until restart.
[fix] SVY-1860 Implicit joins are not treated well in Servoy 6 when used by loadRecords(Query, parms)
[fix] SVY-1597 i18n keys don't resolve on Cluster server at login (Web Client)
[fix] SVY-1707 Creation Username auto enter system value is null when inserting records in post-import hook modules even when server administrator account is used

Plugin Changes
[enh] SVY-2061 Merge functions from the PDF Pro plugin to the PDF output plugin
[enh] SVY-1623 Add a (boolean) option to the Window plugin to show the popup menu in the context of the parent window coordinates
[fix] SVY-2435 Error while creating data source by query having database column of type "ntext" in MS SQL Server.
[fix] SVY-2168 method addFile of http plugin doesn't send any File
[fix] SVY-1763 Callback Method not working on File Plug-In in WebClient (FileOpenDialog)
[fix] SVY-2075 createShortcut doesn't work anymore
[fix] SVY-1449 'MenuBar' not available as JSDoc type
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Re: Servoy 6.0.7

Postby Harjo » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks guys, great work!

How can we see, what the impact is of ticket: SVY-1958 ?

It is not public.
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 pm

We normally do not give any info about security issues, since these are minor we did to some extend.
Best way forward is still to upgrade to this version.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby o.rutten » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:24 pm

I just upgraded from version 6.0.6 to 6.0.7 and noticed some different behavior when rolling over labels/buttons. I have a button that is made up of 3 separate labels. The first label is the background for the button and has a roll over image defined in the properties of the label. The second label contains an icon which sits on top of the background label and the third label contains the text for the button and is also on top of the background label. When I rollover the background label the arrangement of the layers changes and the background label moves to the front hiding the icon and text labels. In the previous version the arrangement of the labels remained the same whenever you rolled over them or clicked on them. Is there a place where I can check the arrangement ordering of the elements on my form?
o.rutten

Postby Andrei Costescu » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Hmm. This might be related to SVY-2380's fix. We will have a look.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:20 pm

o.rutten wrote:I just upgraded from version 6.0.6 to 6.0.7 and noticed some different behavior when rolling over labels/buttons.

what java version do you use?
It seems that java 7 and our performance fix/improvement for SVY-2380 is generating this behavior
If i run in java 6 then it works fine.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby o.rutten » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 am

I was using java 7 and have tested it with java 6 update 31 and update 33 but I still have the same problem. I am testing from the developer on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.
o.rutten

Postby jcompagner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:37 am

o.rutten wrote:I was using java 7 and have tested it with java 6 update 31 and update 33 but I still have the same problem. I am testing from the developer on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

yes you are right, i was testing with a slightly older version of java 6 and that still had the same implementation as java 5 (so no problem for us)
But i upgraded also to java 6u33 and there is do see the same impl of java 7 that causes the repaint manager to work differently. I have fixed this
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby tgs » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm missing the application.output(msg) entries in the Console of Servoy Dev. 6.0.7!?

Regards,
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby jcompagner » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:11 am

tgs wrote:I'm missing the application.output(msg) entries in the Console of Servoy Dev. 6.0.7!?

i think somehow your debugger is not connected, does the debug view display really an active debug session?
Press the start (smart/web) client button once more
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby tgs » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 am

Hi Johan,

I have tried the debugger and the debug view is displaying the active session! Now the console entries are back.

The change from the "Servoy Design" tab to the "Debug" tab in the developer works only at the first time I run the debugger. On all the next debugs I have to switch manually to the "Debug" tab. This issue exists also in the previous versions of Servoy 6.0 on win and on mac.

Regards,
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby jcompagner » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:09 pm

But your Design perspective does have that console view (where you see the messages on) and it does have the right debug session selected?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby tgs » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:44 pm

jcompagner wrote:But your Design perspective does have that console view (where you see the messages on) and it does have the right debug session selected?

Yes, this is now working as expected.
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Re: Servoy 6.0.7 - Horrible Java Issues with Text over Butto

Postby d.pearce » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:51 am

There is a horrible bug been introduced in 6.0.7 where you have a text label over a button, which has a highlight on it

It is Java Version Specific. It seems that 1.6 26 works OK, but 33 and Java 7 causes the issue.

When you move the mouse over these buttons the text label then disappears. The odd thing is that it doesn't affect all of them, even though the arrangement, name, script are identical for a few buttons.

Was happening in Developer on my new Macbook 6.0.7 Java 1.6 33, but not on home mac which is still 26.

Upgraded the server last night and then all hell broke loose with it happening on windows machines in production, but only when Java > 1.6 26 or 1.7.

Have downgraded in the meantime.

David
d.pearce

Postby jcompagner » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:20 pm

David, this is already discussed in this thread then with the latest java version (6 or 7) because of some internal changes there, and a change of us in that area, is causing that for some overlapping components not be painted quite correctly, we worked already around this new java behavior
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Next

Return to Announcements