Servoy 5.2.14

Servoy announcements

Servoy 5.2.14

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 pm

We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Servoy 5.2.14

This version is available through the download option on the Servoy website and auto update.
Always make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before installing/upgrading.
To update a Servoy eclipse open "Check for updates" via help menu.

Client Changes
[fix] SVY-2591 Aggregation (count) returns null instead of 0 after deleting the last record in the filtered foundset
[fix] SVY-2121 Radio Button Text turns into black
[fix] SVY-2085 Login on third time throws internal error
[fix] SVY-2043 In webclient: Elements with a valuelist automaticly show the first item from the valuelist when the element loses focus. It only shows the value, it is not written to the dataprovider.
[fix] SVY-2025 Error when AS keyword used in JSFoundset.loadRecords(SQLquery) containing ORDER BY
[fix] SVY-2017 Element.format does not work on the web when the dataprovider is a database datetime column
[fix] SVY-1975 Foundset sort problem
[fix] SVY-1946 Server repository not updated when changing PK definition of a column in the db
[fix] SVY-2380 degradation in performance when editing records (in a found set) when these records appear on a form at that time within a client
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Re: Servoy 5.2.14

Postby rafig » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Quick question, please...
I need to update a copy of Servoy 5.2.11 to this version on a test server at a client where the test server is locked down behind a proxy server that won't allow the normal update process (i.e. can't 'Check for Updates...')
I have just downloaded the latest installer, so can I just run this and install over the existing directory instead???
(I know I should probably know the answer to this, but I can't remember & have limited time at client today...)
[I have a few 3rd party plugins/beans installed...]
Thanks

Rafi
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Postby ROCLASI » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi Rafi,

Short answer: No, you can't run the installer over an existing one to update it.
Long answer: I guess you could run the installer and install it in a different directory and then copy the files over (when Servoy is not running). Of course you have to know what you are doing....but it's one way of doing it. And always make a backup first.
I guess you can add a feature request for offline updates (I believe there is already a ticket for this, if so vote for it).

Hope this helps.
Robert Ivens
SAN Developer / Servoy Valued Professional / Servoy Certified Developer

ROCLASI Software Solutions / JBS Group, Partner
Mastodon: @roclasi
--
ServoyForge - Building Open Source Software.
PostgreSQL - The world's most advanced open source database.
ROCLASI
Servoy Expert

Postby Harjo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:30 pm

You can set the proxy details also in eclipse! Search in preferences for proxy

If you dont have eclipse installed you can set the the proxy details inside the bat or sh file!
Harjo

Postby rafig » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Thanks for all replies, I've delayed updating until things aren't so critical...
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Return to Announcements