Servoy 6.1.2

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 6.1.2

Postby ashutoslenka426 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Johan,

I am doing this setting for table view . Is there any other settings needs to be done. Please provide your suggestion on this.

Code: Select all

application.putClientProperty(APP_UI_PROPERTY.TABLEVIEW_WC_DEFAULT_SCROLLABLE, true);
application.putClientProperty(APP_UI_PROPERTY.TABLEVIEW_WC_SCROLLABLE_KEEP_LOADED_ROWS, true);

Please provide your feedback on this.

Thanks,
Ashutos.
AL
ashutoslenka426

Postby jcompagner » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:25 am

I can't give you any info to fix this in this release. We still need to figure out why it happens our selfs.
For now i guess don't use scrollable tableviews but use the normal paging one then it works fine and fast.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rossent » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi Servoy,

I am getting quite often in Servoy Developer the error below, however neither the error nor the .log file contain any useful information on what actually is causing it or how to fix it:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2012-09-14 21:52:42.976
!MESSAGE Errors occurred during the build.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.dltk.core 4 75 2012-09-14 21:52:42.976
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Script Builder' on project 'ar_module'.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed:
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:96)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.parser.JSDocValidatorFactory$TypeChecker.checkType(JSDocValidatorFactory.java:134)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.parser.JSDocValidatorFactory$TypeChecker.validate(JSDocValidatorFactory.java:127)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator.build(TypeInfoValidator.java:130)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildModule(StandardScriptBuilder.java:255)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildNatureModules(StandardScriptBuilder.java:197)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.build(StandardScriptBuilder.java:69)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.incrementalBuild(ScriptBuilder.java:551)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.build(ScriptBuilder.java:176)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:239)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:292)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:295)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:351)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:374)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:143)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:241)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby david » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 pm

jcompagner wrote:I can't give you any info to fix this in this release. We still need to figure out why it happens our selfs.
For now i guess don't use scrollable tableviews but use the normal paging one then it works fine and fast.

https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-2906 was fixed in 6.1.1 and worked really well. At least with webkit browsers and the following settings in place:

application.putClientProperty(APP_UI_PROPERTY.TABLEVIEW_WC_DEFAULT_SCROLLABLE, true);
application.putClientProperty(APP_UI_PROPERTY.TABLEVIEW_WC_SCROLLABLE_KEEP_LOADED_ROWS, true);

Servoy 6.2.2 fixed this issue: https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-2588. Pretty sure it is responsible for breaking SVY-2906 though.

The problem is that grids with a scrollbar randomly reset (redraw completely) which pops the grid view back to the initial set of records. This is exactly what the 2588 fix does to grids when the window is resized to get the grids to resize.

I say "randomly" reset as we can't pinpoint the trigger of the grid reset. But what we've noticed is that it occurs almost all the time in the first few initial scrolls of a grid and sometimes when the user is doing nothing but other users are interacting with the same grid in another swc session (not sure if there is a correlation here).

It is worth noting that this doesn't happen to grids that don't have a vertical scrollbar (because larger viewport than total rows). Also, our grids almost exclusively have all four anchors set so haven't tested with various anchoring configurations.

We should have caught this in our initial testing of 6.1.2 but for some stupid reason we didn't have loaded up a grid with our usual 10,000 rows. Just assumed from our 6.1.1 testing that it was all cool. My apologies.

Be glad to test any private builds of future releases before they are released. Getting scrolling grids to work is also an absolutely critical issue for us.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:57 pm

rossent wrote:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 4 75 2012-09-14 21:52:42.976
!MESSAGE Errors occurred during the build.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.dltk.core 4 75 2012-09-14 21:52:42.976
!MESSAGE Errors running builder 'Script Builder' on project 'ar_module'.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed:
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:110)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:96)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.parser.JSDocValidatorFactory$TypeChecker.checkType(JSDocValidatorFactory.java:134)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.parser.JSDocValidatorFactory$TypeChecker.validate(JSDocValidatorFactory.java:127)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator.build(TypeInfoValidator.java:130)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildModule(StandardScriptBuilder.java:255)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildNatureModules(StandardScriptBuilder.java:197)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.build(StandardScriptBuilder.java:69)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.incrementalBuild(ScriptBuilder.java:551)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.build(ScriptBuilder.java:176)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:728)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:199)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:239)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:292)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:295)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:351)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:374)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:143)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:241)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

i have seen this also now and then, but was difficult to track down what was really the cause of this
i had a discussion with a dltk developer and he pointed me to what could potentially fix this, so i did a fix for the next 6.1.x release.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby david » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:17 pm

jcompagner wrote:I can't give you any info to fix this in this release. We still need to figure out why it happens our selfs.

Scratch everything I said in last post. Issue is:

...stored calculations....

Add a stored calculation to a scrolling grid and right away you will see erratic grid behavior (reloads to first set of records intermittently when scroll to the bottom). Also, multiple people logged in can trigger other client grids reloads.

If you have a grid and detail views sharing the same foundset showing at the same time, a stored calc field on the detail view can trigger the grid to reload. Just doesn't happen as often.

This flag set to true or false doesn't make a difference one way or another:

application.putClientProperty(APP_UI_PROPERTY.TABLEVIEW_WC_SCROLLABLE_KEEP_LOADED_ROWS, true/false)
David Workman, Kabootit

david

Postby david » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:49 pm

New case created for grid issue since I couldn't reopen the other case:

https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-3126

Please please please vote this one up!
David Workman, Kabootit

david

Postby david » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Anyone else getting flaky tab ordering in web client? I say flaky because we can't determine why sometimes tab ordering gets out of whack and sometimes it's just fine. It is happening enough to be really annoying and we need to figure out the cause.
David Workman, Kabootit

david

Postby keenkenny » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 pm

david wrote:Anyone else getting flaky tab ordering in web client? I say flaky because we can't determine why sometimes tab ordering gets out of whack and sometimes it's just fine. It is happening enough to be really annoying and we need to figure out the cause.

I've run across this too. Very intermittent and un-reproducable, but annoying to say the least. I think it's only happening when deployed via server and not in Developer, but I haven't been able to pinpoint it beyond that.
Ken Keen
KeenEyes Interactive, Inc.
SAN Developer
keenkenny

Postby swingman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:10 am

Hi, I have just imported a project in to 6.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.8.2 with Java 1.6.0_35.
I start a client from Developer and try to log in, it fails because I have no users.
I try to add a user to the admin group from developer, but I'm unable to change the password or the uuid.
The fields are not editable. If I try to log in using password as password it fails.

How do I get around this?

C
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Postby jcarlos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:00 pm

swingman wrote:Hi, I have just imported a project in to 6.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.8.2 with Java 1.6.0_35.
I start a client from Developer and try to log in, it fails because I have no users.
I try to add a user to the admin group from developer, but I'm unable to change the password or the uuid.
The fields are not editable. If I try to log in using password as password it fails.

C

Are you talking about a Servoy solution? Correct?
It seems that the solution (.servoy file) was first created/exported with the option 'Protect solution with password.' The solution is password protected. You need the credentials to be able to run the debugger. I don't think there is a way around it. You should contact the person that created the .servoy file and ask him/her for the user name and password.

Best, Carlos
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos

Postby david » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:12 pm

swingman wrote:Hi, I have just imported a project in to 6.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.8.2 with Java 1.6.0_35.

C

Quick and easy: uncheck "mustAuthenticate".

But no issues here with creating users and adding passwords in developer.
David Workman, Kabootit

david

Postby jcarlos » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:26 pm

david wrote:Quick and easy: uncheck "mustAuthenticate".

Quick question: then what is the option 'Protect solution with password' all about?
Juan-Carlos Sanchez, Stanford University - Law and Economics
jcarlos

Postby david » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:31 pm

jcarlos wrote:
david wrote:Quick and easy: uncheck "mustAuthenticate".

Quick question: then what is the option 'Protect solution with password' all about?

You can't import .servoy files that have been protected this way unless you know the password set when exporting.
David Workman, Kabootit

david

Postby john.allen » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 am

swingman wrote:
Hi, I have just imported a project in to 6.1.2 on Mac OS X 10.8.2 with Java 1.6.0_35.

C

Quick and easy: uncheck "mustAuthenticate".

I imported a solution from 6.0.7 to 6.1.2 and have the same issue. I and uncheck the mustAuthenticate but can't add passwords to any user I create nor edit a password to an existing user. I've tried removing all users and then entering a password for a new user but all to no avail. Frustrating because the main thing I have to do for this upgrade is muck around with the security as I'm moving it to a different server and take advantage of the .war file export. Anyone else have this issue of not being able to edit/create passwords/UUIDs for users in Developer? Same thing happens with a brand new install of 6.1.2 and creating a new solution: can't create or edit user passwords/UUIDs in Developer. Servoy 6.1.2/OSX 10.8.2

This is a pretty big issue. Not sure how to work around it if I can't add users with passwords in developer...
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements