Servoy 7.3

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 7.3

Postby david » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Is your repository still set to a code repository server? I suspect you can't import via the admin pages if this is the case.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby juan.cristobo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 am

It's a fresh install, I think, but I'm going to create a new repository and I0ll try again.
Juan
Madrid (Spain)

Servoy 7.4.x - MySQL / SQL Server 2008-2016
Windows 10 Pro
juan.cristobo

Postby Andrei Costescu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:20 pm

I just tried a fresh install of 7.3 - with sample solutions.
Started developer - imported and modified something in servoy_sample_crm solution, exported it - then closed developer, started application server, checked that the solution loaded in web-client, imported the new version from admin paged (just selected the .servoy file and imported, without changing anything else) successfully, then started another browser session and the solution that loaded was the new one.

Tried a similar thing with smart client and it worked as expected.

If you still have problems after checking what David suggested, please make a separate topic to sort this out and put a link to it here - as this doesn't seem necessarily related to 7.3 release and the discussion is getting long.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby juan.cristobo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi, I've made a fresh install and it worked fine.

Also, I've been playing around SVN and it's very interesting!!

Thanks to all!
Juan
Madrid (Spain)

Windows 10 Pro
juan.cristobo

Postby Andrei Costescu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:07 pm

You are welcome! :)
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby juan.cristobo » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:07 am

With SVN, do you still have to define a "repository_server" database in developer?
Juan
Madrid (Spain)

Windows 10 Pro
juan.cristobo

Postby Andrei Costescu » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:38 am

Not in developer.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby rieder » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Hi

We are productive with 7.3, now. But there are still open problems, I'd like to come back to (see earlier post):

2. I have entered a case in the support system with an example solution. The error still occurs and is reproducible. Even if I get a lot of feedback how to optimize the code (which I cannot so far), I'm sure it should NOT raise an error.

5. Still unsolved. Any ideas?

6. (new): In an application which uses tow databases, we get the following entry in the console:
Code: Select all
ERROR - Debug                      - Relation invoices_origin_for_invoices cannot be used in a find (multi server)

I do not use a find. The application runs fine, but the error makes us unsure. One form uses a table in one database, the other form displays data of a table in an other database, retrieved with a Servoy relation.

Help is very appreciated.
Regards
Birgit
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
rieder

Postby Andrei Costescu » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 pm

2. Ok. I guess that will continue as a case then. (post case number here as well for reference if you think it can help others in the future)
5. Do you use odd/even/selected styling? Does it work if you don't use a type-ahead in it? Do all columns in all records have that blue background or just the type-ahead's column?
6. That error message only appears if you have a "find mode" record. So if you see that in the log, one foundset is in find mode at that time and a relation based on that find record is accessed. If you are sure you (or the user) didn't put such a foundset in find mode at the time and you can create a sample solution for it then you should create a case.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Previous

Return to Announcements