Servoy 7.4

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 7.4

Postby jcompagner » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:58 pm

i think your designer bombs out because of , yes it is always that, a space in your application path...

"Illegal character in path at index 25: file:/Applications/Servoy 7.4/developer/plugins/com.servoy.eclipse.designer.rib_7.4.0.2026/rib/index.html"

25 == space

This is why i always try to avoid spaces in paths (i have c:\javatools\ c:\programs\ and so on)

please make a case for that because i think we have to escape this (i think %20)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby david » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:31 pm

jcompagner wrote:i think your designer bombs out because of , yes it is always that, a space in your application path...

Confirmed.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby Thomas Parry » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Weird error: steps taken were:
Upgraded from 7.3.1 to 7.4 - went ok - was asked to restart - ok then asked to load application server - started that in background. During the loading of the app server in the background I changed the developer setting for number of errors/warning form 100 to 200 - then it recommended to restart -which I agreed.
Now the restart of the developer started (got the splash scree about loading the active solution) then that went away and nothing.
In the .metedata folder i see the .lock file is recent and the process servoy.exe is running.

I requested another instance of the developer and was told the solution was in use and select another workspace - which I did and it came up ok.

Closed the developer.
Killed the servoy.exe process - and removed the .lock file.

However every time I started developer it gives the indication the workspace is in use and to select another.

I see in the .metadata/.log file that there is an exception in the eclipse rendering ...see attached.

So how can I get around the solution that is in limbo?

I guess I can try a full new install of 7.4 in case parts are not updated completely?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Java/C++/Servoy/Jasper Reports/Simulation/Service Applications
http://www.prospect-saas.biz
Thomas Parry

Postby jcompagner » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:50 pm

see my previous post, you have installed mylyn because of the subclipse optional mylyn part when you installed subclipse

Do start servoy with a clean new workspace, then do uninstall the subclipse mylyn plugin through Help -> About -> Installation details

then try to open your other workspace again (maybe you have to remove the lock file if that is not possible then there is still something running, maybe a java process besides servoy.exe)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby Thomas Parry » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:13 pm

Uninstalling Mylyn fixed it!
Thanks Johan.
Now should I try to re-install it? Or is it unstable?
Tom Parry
Prospect IT
Java/C++/Servoy/Jasper Reports/Simulation/Service Applications
http://www.prospect-saas.biz
Thomas Parry

Postby jcompagner » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:22 pm

if you use it i think the report is that if you reinstall it then it works
But if you don't use it i wouldn't touch or install it (i never do)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:50 am

An new day and new surprises. I give up.
My original updated environment gives the correct number of errors in the problems pane. But it lack again the properties of forms and objects in the right column.
My freshly intalled new environment gives properties in the right column but gives no errors in the problems pane, while there are clearly in numerous files problems, showed by the little yellow triangel in the forms pane. They are other errors than the errors in the original environment though. While the checkouts from our svn source is exactly the same.
I suspect Servoy just cannot handle very large solutions, say over 1000 forms.
I find this experience very annoying. I will continue working in a 7.3 environment untill a more stable version becomes available.
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Postby deezzub » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

We updated our application server to Servoy 7.4 and we use the Servoy Framework 4.0.0. After the application server update, a regular Framework user can't see the menu.

What can be the problem?
deezzub

Postby Andrei Costescu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 am

jos@devoon.nl wrote:My original updated environment gives the correct number of errors in the problems pane. But it lack again the properties of forms and objects in the right column.

So all properties were missing? Even if you select a button or some other element in form designer? Can you please add your workspace .metadata/.log from when that happens to SVY-6024? That case states you have to click on something to get it working, but I think in your case you can't get properties to show at all.
jos@devoon.nl wrote:My freshly intalled new environment gives properties in the right column but gives no errors in the problems pane, while there are clearly in numerous files problems, showed by the little yellow triangel in the forms pane.

It probably lost it's Problems View contents configuration. If you go to Problem View - Top Right dropdown - Configure Contents... it should look something like this:

problemsView_configureContents.jpg

That "On working set" on the right - make sure it's set on "Servoy Active Solution" not undefined or so... I created a case for this as well to be investigated - why does it happen sometimes: SVY-6294.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 am

Andrei Costescu wrote:Can you please add your workspace .metadata/.log from when that happens to SVY-6024? That case states you have to click on something to get it working, but I think in your case you can't get properties to show at all.

I tried to reproduce it but finally I can't. When I start up now everything works more or less normal with the properties on the right, and I get the impression that the list of warnings is correct. I will keep this in mind and check on this log file when it happens again.
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Postby wvitpr » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:35 am

HI,
Since updating to 7.4, my developer starts then crashes, runs in the background I have to kill both servoy.exe and javaws.exe, to release workspace.

So I tried the following
1. Clean Install
2. Clean Workspace.

But still no joy, below is .log from workspace metadata dir. At this stage I will need to revert to 7.3.1, :( I do see a reference to mylyn "ENTRY org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui 2 0 2014-03-29 17:18:07.129", but this is a clean install ??

!SESSION 2014-03-29 17:16:54.171 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_45
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_AU
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2014-03-29 17:18:06.707
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2014-03-29 17:18:06.707
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+M:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+M,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.servoy.eclipse.ui.StartMobileClient,Start Mobile Client,
Start Mobile Client,
Category(com.servoy.eclipse.ui,Servoy,Other Servoy Commands,true),
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@2bf4b016,
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+M,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.extract.method,Extract Method,
Extract a set of statements or an expression into a new method and use the new method,
Category(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.category.refactoring,Refactor - Java,Java Refactoring Actions,true),
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchHandlerServiceHandler@4d548ae5,
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui 2 0 2014-03-29 17:18:07.129
!MESSAGE No search provider was registed. Tasks search is not available.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.event 4 0 2014-03-29 17:18:07.138
!MESSAGE Exception while dispatching event org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=org/eclipse/e4/ui/model/ui/UIElement/visible/SET] to handler org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler@47c94843
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.swt.layout.GridData cannot be cast to org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillData
at org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillLayout.computeChildSize(FillLayout.java:144)
at org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillLayout.computeSize(FillLayout.java:122)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.computeSize(Composite.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ControlContribution.computeWidth(ControlContribution.java:55)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ControlContribution.fill(ControlContribution.java:106)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ToolBarManager.update(ToolBarManager.java:353)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer$2.handleEvent(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:166)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4688)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:205)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:80)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.UIElementImpl.setVisible(UIElementImpl.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarContributionRecord.updateVisibility(ToolBarContributionRecord.java:72)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer$6.changed(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:347)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.TrackableComputationExt.update(TrackableComputationExt.java:110)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.runAndTrack(EclipseContext.java:315)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.processAddition(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:339)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.generateContributions(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:312)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.processContribution(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:293)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.createWidget(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:261)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:949)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:633)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:735)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:706)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:700)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.handleEvent(PartRenderingEngine.java:279)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:205)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:80)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:58)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.dispatchNotification(EcoreEList.java:249)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:356)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:339)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ContributionsAnalyzer.processAddition(ContributionsAnalyzer.java:360)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.TrimBarRenderer.addTrimContributions(TrimBarRenderer.java:192)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.TrimBarRenderer.processContents(TrimBarRenderer.java:164)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:645)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:735)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:706)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:700)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:685)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$1.handleEvent(PartRenderingEngine.java:134)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.UIElementImpl.setToBeRendered(UIElementImpl.java:290)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.CoolBarToTrimManager.update(CoolBarToTrimManager.java:673)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.updateActionBars(WorkbenchWindow.java:1972)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.largeUpdateEnd(WorkbenchWindow.java:2025)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.largeUpdateEnd(Workbench.java:3314)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.fillActionBars(WorkbenchWindow.java:2225)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setup(WorkbenchWindow.java:590)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:877)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:119)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:84)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.inject(ContextInjectionFactory.java:73)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1396)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.getActiveWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.updateActiveShell(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:924)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.getCurrentState(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider$6.handleEvent(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:684)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:1262)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1056)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1081)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.WM_ACTIVATE(Decorations.java:1667)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.WM_ACTIVATE(Shell.java:2151)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4608)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:340)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1627)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2075)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4977)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.BringWindowToTop(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.bringToTop(Decorations.java:231)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.open(Shell.java:1217)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.postProcess(WBWRenderer.java:767)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:649)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1038)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt 4 2 2014-03-29 17:18:07.143
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt".
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.swt.layout.GridData cannot be cast to org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillData
at org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillLayout.computeChildSize(FillLayout.java:144)
at org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillLayout.computeSize(FillLayout.java:122)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Composite.computeSize(Composite.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ControlContribution.computeWidth(ControlContribution.java:55)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ControlContribution.fill(ControlContribution.java:106)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ToolBarManager.update(ToolBarManager.java:353)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer$6$1.run(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:351)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.RunAndTrack.runExternalCode(RunAndTrack.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer$6.changed(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:348)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.TrackableComputationExt.update(TrackableComputationExt.java:110)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.contexts.EclipseContext.runAndTrack(EclipseContext.java:315)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.processAddition(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:339)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.generateContributions(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:312)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.processContribution(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:293)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer.createWidget(ToolBarManagerRenderer.java:261)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:949)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:633)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.handleEvent(PartRenderingEngine.java:279)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreEList.dispatchNotification(EcoreEList.java:249)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.NotifyingListImpl.addUnique(NotifyingListImpl.java:356)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.util.AbstractEList.add(AbstractEList.java:339)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ContributionsAnalyzer.processAddition(ContributionsAnalyzer.java:360)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.TrimBarRenderer.addTrimContributions(TrimBarRenderer.java:192)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.TrimBarRenderer.processContents(TrimBarRenderer.java:164)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:645)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$1.handleEvent(PartRenderingEngine.java:134)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.UIElementImpl.setToBeRendered(UIElementImpl.java:290)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.CoolBarToTrimManager.update(CoolBarToTrimManager.java:673)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.updateActionBars(WorkbenchWindow.java:1972)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.largeUpdateEnd(WorkbenchWindow.java:2025)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.largeUpdateEnd(Workbench.java:3314)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.fillActionBars(WorkbenchWindow.java:2225)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setup(WorkbenchWindow.java:590)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:877)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:119)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:84)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.inject(ContextInjectionFactory.java:73)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1396)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.getActiveWorkbenchWindow(Workbench.java:1369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.updateActiveShell(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:924)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider.getCurrentState(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.services.WorkbenchSourceProvider$6.handleEvent(WorkbenchSourceProvider.java:684)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.filterEvent(Display.java:1262)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1056)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1081)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.WM_ACTIVATE(Decorations.java:1667)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.WM_ACTIVATE(Shell.java:2151)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4608)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:340)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1627)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2075)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4977)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.BringWindowToTop(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.bringToTop(Decorations.java:231)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.open(Shell.java:1217)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.postProcess(WBWRenderer.java:767)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:649)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1038)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench 4 0 2014-03-29 17:18:07.144
!MESSAGE Exception occurred while rendering: org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.menu.impl.ToolBarImpl@79b017b3 (elementId: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.trim.container, tags: [], contributorURI: null) (widget: ToolBar {}, renderer: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ToolBarManagerRenderer@10b1044, toBeRendered: true, onTop: false, visible: true, containerData: null, accessibilityPhrase: null)
!STACK 0
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby wvitpr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:04 am

HI, I re-installed Java today and that has fixed my problem so far.. Not really sure what was the problem however ??
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

Postby patrick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:22 am

Do you have mylyn installed (maybe as part of subclipse)? This very much sounds like an issue with mylyn in the new eclipse (see above).
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby jcompagner » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:45 pm

yes the exception that we see is mylyn again. Please make sure to deinstall that (see instructions above)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby wvitpr » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:46 pm

Thank you guys,
Is there a version of mylyn that can be used?
Regards,
Phillip Routley

Worldview IT
Sydney, Australia
wvitpr

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements