Servoy 7.4

Servoy announcements

Servoy 7.4

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:22 pm

We are pleased to announce the availability of Servoy 7.4 release (releaseNumber 2026).

This version is available through the download option on the Servoy website and auto-update.
Always make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before installing/upgrading.
To update a Servoy eclipse open "Check for updates" via help menu.

Read all about the enhancements and new features which includes:
  • 7 MobileClient enhances
  • 13 Developer enhances
  • 7 WebClient enhances
  • 4 Automated build support items
  • and much more...

The issues addressed, since Servoy 7.4 rc3 release:

Client changes
[fix] SVY-6211 Checkbox does not save data in foundset.
[fix] SVY-6136 onRender not firing as expected in Record View
[fix] SVY-6195 NPE exception

WebClient changes
[fix] SVY-5874 some buttons in some forms are not reacting.
[fix] SVY-5594 Currency sign incorrect in FireFox
[fix] SVY-6109 servoy.webclient.scrolling.tableview.multiplier is not used while loading the first entries

Developer changes
[fix] SVY-6215 Webclient lost page after saving form in developer
[fix] SVY-6186 Extended Form's don't inherit parent properties in smart client
[fix] SVY-6182 Form resize ignored in Servoy Form editor
[fix] SVY-6139 solutionModel.removeRelation and solutionModel.newRelation problem
[fix] SVY-6141 fsUpdater documentation incomplete

Plugins changes
[fix] SVY-6114 from created with plugins.window.showFormPopup does not close when clicking on a HTML field in the background
[fix] SVY-5940 Enter key as shortcut not caught reliably
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Re: Servoy 7.4

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Where are all the properties in the column on the right (in developer) I get them when I click a form in the left comlumn but when I check on an element it is just blank....
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Of course I get a list of hundreds of errors in the code (due to the update), but when I click on a line to get into the code it stays not selected nor gives it any overview of the properties
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:12 pm

jos@devoon.nl wrote:I get a list of hundreds of errors in the code (due to the update)

When updating from Servoy 7.3.1 it should not result in any error, what kind of errors do you get?
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby huber » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:15 pm

I can't seem to find mentioning of the SVY-5588 fix. Is it not included in 7.4 (although mentioned in Jira as included in 7.4) or is it forgotten in the 7.4 list of fixes?
Thanks in advance.
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:32 pm

You're right. Strinkly speaking they are warnings not errors. Sorry. Nothing to worry about. Thinghs like "function soandos is not applicable for the aruments soandso..."
But what is anoying is this: Usually when you click on such a warning in the list the script or form opens on the right place; Now for form elements the form opens but the element stays not selected and there are no properties visible and for now I don't know yet where to make them visible. So I'm a bit lost...
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:32 pm

huber wrote:I can't seem to find mentioning of the SVY-5588...

It's part of Servoy 7.4 rc3 release notes, which are referenced from here instead of duplicated.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby mdeian » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:35 pm

jos@devoon.nl wrote:Where are all the properties in the column on the right (in developer) I get them when I click a form in the left comlumn but when I check on an element it is just blank....

Can't reproduce this situation, properties show just fine when clicking on elements from a form node in solex. Can you maybe give more detail on how to reproduce this?
mdeian

Postby jos@devoon.nl » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:13 pm

I can't say anymore than I did: I click on a form in the left column and rightclick 'Open in form editor' then instantly the left column where the properties should appear gets blank. When I click on an element it stays blank. I guess I better downgrade to the previous version? (see screendump)
Another pronblem I encounter is that it seems we can't typecast 2 different typs anymore like {String|Number} May it is is considered bad coding but there are a lot of places the returvalue of some method can be both and in the previous version this was no problem. Is there a work around?
I also see a whole list with "The function clear is not valid for a related foundset" while the code is not pointing to a related foundset but a foundset on another form.
Is my installation just corupt? I cleaned several times and restarted several times but these things stay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jos Uitenbogaard
Devoon
jos@devoon.nl

Postby tdol » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:19 pm

I get an error upgrading a 7.3.1 application server using servoy_updater.bat.

See attached screen shot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tdol

Postby david » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Web editor for mobile client is not showing anything. Fresh install, Mac 10.9.2, Java 1.6.0_65, Xul runner installed, and properties file addition.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby Jan Blok » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:44 pm

tdol wrote:I get an error upgrading a 7.3.1 application server using servoy_updater.bat.

We have heard this once before during release candidate period.
The cause is not exactly clear, the servoy update works as expected.
In case you expirence otherwise, replace servoy_updater.jar with:
http://www.servoy.com/downloads/downloa ... pdater.jar
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby huber » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Thanks Jan, strange I did not find it and of course it's more than ok that you reference it (that was not what made me not "see" the entry, as I was looking at these release notes ;-)

Jan Blok wrote:
huber wrote:I can't seem to find mentioning of the SVY-5588...

It's part of Servoy 7.4 rc3 release notes, which are referenced from here instead of duplicated.
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber

Postby Harjo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:36 am

Hi Jos,

we don't have that problem, not seeing the properties. It simply works. Maybe something is broken... Did you try a fresh install?
And about typecast two different types, it is still possible to do that, but the reason is that you now have to explicitly tell it, that you you can return two different types.
If you don't do that, you'll get a warning indeed...
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby david » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:36 am

jos@devoon.nl wrote:I can't say anymore than I did: I click on a form in the left column and rightclick 'Open in form editor' then instantly the left column where the properties should appear gets blank. When I click on an element it stays blank.

Seeing this as well. An additional click over in the Solution Explorer on the form node seems to get the properties pane to start behaving like normal.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Next

Return to Announcements