Servoy 7.4

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 7.4

Postby patrick » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:12 pm

In my tests, uninstalling, restart and then reinstalling it worked.
Patrick Ruhsert
Servoy DACH
patrick

Postby Marco R. » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm obtaining error during the building process.
Here the stack:
stack.txt

I've also (even never installed):
1 - created a new workspace
2 - removed svn
3 - reinstalled svn

Any idea?

thanks in advance

Marco
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marco Rossi
Freelance

Main development environment: Servoy 6.1.6 - 7.4.3, Java 1.6u45,7u71 Windows 7/CentOS
Marco R.

Postby jcompagner » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:20 pm

there is a a code construct in your solution that somehow result in a never ending recursion in the javascript parser.
It would be nice if we could get your full workspace so that we can have a look what piece of code does this.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rafig » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:51 pm

New Error being reported.
I just updated from 7.3.1 to 7.4 for testing a clients solution and got a bunch of new errors reported that I didn't have before.
They are like this
Related tab error: form "admin_mo" is based on a different table than relation "all_change_log".

That relation is based on a global on the From side, so I set the Source table to the same as the Destination.
This is the same for all the other errors I now have, that the 'global' relation is being marked as an error if it happens to be used on a form that does not have the same base table as the Source set for the relation.
IMHO, this is not an Error.
Can you please fix this so if Global variables are used in Source/From/Left side of Relationship, no error is generated?
Thanks

Rafi

UPDATE : All the Errors seem to have disappeared now, after I changed one of the relationships to use the table that form was using as Source... strange :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Postby rossent » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi Servoy,

We just updated the Servoy on our Jenkins build server from 7.3.1 to 7.4 and attempting to run our unit tests (which were passing all before) results in an Out Of Memory exception. There are literally thousands of log entries similar to:

[junit] Apr 04, 2014 4:35:00 PM com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug log
[junit] INFO: Warning: Skipping duplicate order-by column build_argos_user_data:abelisk:ac_currency<db:/argos_user_data/ac_currency>#accurrency4015.43433=rowid<1,36,0>

we see such log entries for all tables. What is causing this?
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby Andrei Costescu » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:02 pm

I assume you would get the same (in servoy_log.txt or admin page log) if you enable info logging and run the test solution from developer. Or do you get an Out Of Memory then as well?
This happens after automatic exports finished right?

If in Jenkins logs you don't see this kind of log entries from before upgrading Servoy to 7.4 and you didn't change anything related to sorting in test solution please create a case. A sample solution and the exact error message/stack would also help a lot.

You can also play with the memory settings. If you have an ant setup similar to the wiki sample, see '<junit ...' task containing '<test name="com.servoy.automation.jsunit.smartclient.ServoyJSUnitTestRunner"'. You can mofify 'maxmemory' attribute and/or specify JVM args via '<jvmarg value=...'. If the problem happens due to lots of these INFO messages being logged and the log is kept somehow in memory for console until tests are done (so it fills up the memory) then increasing memory or disabling INFO messages on test server (log4j settings in servoy.properties) could fix the problem. But still it would be best to see why the messages appeared in the first place.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby rossent » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:26 pm

Andrei Costescu wrote:I assume you would get the same (in servoy_log.txt or admin page log) if you enable info logging and run the test solution from developer. Or do you get an Out Of Memory then as well?

We do not see these log entries when running the tests in Servoy Developer. And so far nobody has experienced an OOM in the Developer either.

Andrei Costescu wrote:This happens after automatic exports finished right?

Yes - these log entries are recorded while the various tests are being run.
Th OOM problem really comes after the unit tests are finished and the results XML needs to be transformed. Because the output log is huge, the XML transformation fails.

Andrei Costescu wrote:If in Jenkins logs you don't see this kind of log entries from before upgrading Servoy to 7.4 and you didn't change anything related to sorting in test solution please create a case. A sample solution and the exact error message/stack would also help a lot.

There were no changes in our code related to sorting, however there were some changes in Servoy related to that and cases which we have submitted.

Andrei Costescu wrote:You can also play with the memory settings. If you have an ant setup similar to the wiki sample, see '<junit ...' task containing '<test name="com.servoy.automation.jsunit.smartclient.ServoyJSUnitTestRunner"'. You can mofify 'maxmemory' attribute and/or specify JVM args via '<jvmarg value=...'. If the problem happens due to lots of these INFO messages being logged and the log is kept somehow in memory for console until tests are done (so it fills up the memory) then increasing memory or disabling INFO messages on test server (log4j settings in servoy.properties) could fix the problem. But still it would be best to see why the messages appeared in the first place.

[/quote]
We could not get rid of these log messages even though the log4j settings were modified to include only warnings and errors.
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby Andrei Costescu » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:21 am

rossent wrote:There were no changes in our code related to sorting, however there were some changes in Servoy related to that and cases which we have submitted.

Please create a case then about these unexpected messages.

Did you use log level info in developer? If the tests run the same execution path/same Servoy version they should give these log messages as well.
Aha, so the 'junitreport' gives the OOM. I think that runs inside the Ant process directly, so it's heap can be increased by specifying -Xmx... in Jenkins job's configuration -> Ant Advanced -> Java Options.
rossent wrote:We could not get rid of these log messages even though the log4j settings were modified to include only warnings and errors.

It should have worked - as long as you modified the right properties file. I guess this can be looked at as well in the case.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby rossent » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:17 am

Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby rossent » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:22 am

By modifying the log4j properties on the Servoy Developer to INFO level I can see the the "com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug Warning: Skipping duplicate order-by column..." entries in the server log. When we change those to WARN or ERROR the "Warning: Skipping duplicate order-by column..." are no longer showing up in the Servoy Developer server log.

However, when we change the log4j properties in the servoy.properties file which Jenkins is using when running the unit tests nothing happens and the "Warning: Skipping duplicate order-by column..." always show up in the tests output even though we have explicitly configured to include only ERRORS:

{code}
log4j.logger.com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug=ERROR
{code}

We still have not figured out what exactly is causing these "Warning: Skipping duplicate order-by column..." to appear in the first place...
Rossen Totev
Argos Software
rossent

Postby Marco R. » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm

jcompagner wrote:there is a a code construct in your solution that somehow result in a never ending recursion in the javascript parser.
It would be nice if we could get your full workspace so that we can have a look what piece of code does this.

We have solved the problem removing css and any other kind of hided error/warning (we had to look into servoy log to find them). I don't really know specifically what was the problem, but
It seem to be like you said: a javascript parser problem. We suspect of a variable called "myfoundset". I did't directly solved the problem so I can't say more about it.

Thanks anyway for your help

Marco
Marco Rossi
Freelance

Main development environment: Servoy 6.1.6 - 7.4.3, Java 1.6u45,7u71 Windows 7/CentOS
Marco R.

Postby jdbruijn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:02 pm

With Servoy 7.3 I used the following browser settings to open a webclient using incognito mode of chrome:
Capture.JPG

But since I updated to Servoy 7.4 this does not work anymore. I get the following text added to the url inside a normal chrome session:
"%20--incognito"
Running from command line the session is started in a private session, it is just not working anymore from within Servoy.
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
jdbruijn

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 pm

what happens with parameters:
--incognito "%URL%"
?
I think url has to be last param (and --icognito is a so called flag)
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby jdbruijn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:41 am

Jan Blok wrote:what happens with parameters:
--incognito "%URL%"
?
I think url has to be last param (and --icognito is a so called flag)

Using these parameters results in servoy opening chrome in incognito, but it has changed the url to lowercase.
As a result it will not load my (mobile) solution, because the solution name is not in lowercase.
If I remove the incognito flag (or when it is after the URL flag as before) it shows the solution name with the correct name (camelcase), but in a normal chrome window.
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
jdbruijn

Postby obuligan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:28 am

The core of the problem is with java Runtime.exec arguments passing with introduced in java 7.21 and 6.45 https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=405942
There is a case about updating the eclipse browser plugin to update it's Runtime.exec call:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=429546
Ovidiu Buligan
Servoy
obuligan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements