Servoy Announces FREE Seminar Series

Servoy announcements

Servoy Announces FREE Seminar Series

Postby Jan Aleman » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:16 am

Series to help frustrated users of desktop databases update their workgroup and front line business database solutions

AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS M-^V June 17, 2003 M-^V Servoy BV today announced a free seminar series to promote their new database interface development and deployment environment, Servoy R2.

Expected to attract over 500 participants, the free seminar series will focus on creating and deploying easy-to-use workgroup and enterprise database solutions using Servoy R2. Seminar speakers include hands-on developers, product engineers, trainers and others who build real-world solutions for customers worldwide.

M-^SWe have found that a lot of our customers who have deployed desktop databases such as Microsoft Access, FileMaker Pro, Lotus Approach, and 4D are M-^Qhitting the wallM-^R in terms of performance and scalability. Using Servoy R2 we are able to help them seamlessly migrate their data-intensive LAN and WAN applications to a more robust SQL-based infrastructure.M-^T says Wim Decorte of Connecting Data, an independent software developer and Servoy Alliance Network Partner.

The seminar series is aimed at software developers, technical managers, power users, corporate and government programmers, commercial developers, IT/IS staff and management, independent consultants and trainers and is scheduled for dates in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Boston, New York, Washington D.C., Amsterdam, London, and Italy.

Free registration, seminar locations, dates and more information about the free Seminar Series is available at the Servoy website: www.servoy.com.

Servoy R2 is an application development and deployment environment focused on database based applications. With Servoy R2 you can build front-ends, reporting applications, and data entry solution linked to SQL-based databases in minutes - without having to write any SQL code. Servoy R2 is a revolutionary rapid application development environment (RAD) suite that combines ease-of-use with Enterprise scalability.

Servoy R2 can connect to all popular SQL back-ends including: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB/2, IBM Informix, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL, OpenBase, Firebird and any other SQL-based database via JDBC or ODBC.

Servoy can be deployed with zero installation to: Microsoft Windows, Macintosh OS X, Linux and Solaris. Servoy Server runs on all of the above platforms and all Unix systems with Java 1.3 (or higher) support.

Servoy BV is a privately held Dutch corporation based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

thanks for the workshop!

Postby kickerks80 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:31 am

Guys,
Thanks for the great workshop in SF. It was a blast cept for the rat maze to find the room.

cheers

-Ariel
kickerks80

Postby arumalla » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:36 pm

ya I agree with you .... it was really round and round....

and the seminar was really great.... enjoyed much whilst learning...
also it was very nice to meet Bob, Jan and Edward....

In my opinion, If I had any chance of attending this seminar a long time ago I would have saved a lot of my time in struggling with servoy.... its a very very good introduction for the begginers.....

Thanks for the great seminar Jan Aleman and team....
Thanks & Regards

Chandra Arumalla

chandraa@synpep.com
www.synpep.com
arumalla

Seminar date discrepancy for San Mateo

Postby sdevlin » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:40 pm

Hello,
The free seminar in San Mateo, April 2004, is listed to be on April 22 on http://servoy.com/seminars.jsp, but listed to be April 21 on the Servoy store. Kindly, which day is it?

Also, I got stuck trying to register in the store. It kept telling me no products were selected when trying to check out. Is there a more intuitive way to register for a seminar, since I'm not really buying anything?

Thank you,
Sean[/b]
sdevlin

Postby maarten » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:33 am

I've send a mail to our training team to correct this date.
(I'll add extra post today as soon as I receive correct date.)

Seminar confirmation:
Can you exactly say where(in which page) and what message you get?

There are 4 pages in sequence:
1) Products.
Choose under section "Trainings" which seminar you'd like to attend, by entering "1" in the quantity column.
2) My Account.
Enter the required fields
3)Check out.
click "Process Order".
4)Confirmation.
Email is sent to your address.

Any concrete suggestions for improving this procedure are welcome.
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Postby sdevlin » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:32 pm

First of all the servoy store has a java script error when run in Mozilla and I'm unable to get a curser in the 'Quantity' input field for any form items.

So I used IE and can enter 1 under quantity for a pass to the seminar. I can either click the submit button which returns me to the same page and doesn't reflect the selection I've made, or I can click on MyAccount which does the same thing. 'Checkout' and 'Confirmation' are not hyperlinked

Here is the javascript error:

Error: document.forms.calculator["nrSeats" + arguments[0]] has no properties
Source File: https://secure.servoy.com/
Line: 233

-Sean
sdevlin

Postby Jan Aleman » Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:23 pm

We will investigate the problems. Meanwhile should anybody have problems registering please send your contact information and the seminar you wish to visit to: seminars@Servoy.com and we will add you to the list.
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Seminar Date ?

Postby sdevlin » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:26 pm

Great, but which data is the San Mateo seminar April 21 or 22 ??
sdevlin

San Mateo Seminar

Postby john.allen » Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:56 pm

It will be on Thursday April 22nd according to Bob Cusick. Since he is the one leading the seminar I would go with that date!

John
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Return to Announcements