Servoy 2020.03

Servoy announcements

Servoy 2020.03

Postby jcompagner » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 pm

We are pleased to announce the availability of Servoy 2020.03 (release number 3562)

Look at the whats newfor more info about this release
Or look at full case list

This version is available through the the download site

We ship from now on by default only installers, so for windows an exe file and for osx a dmg, for linux we have a archive tar file.

The full installers/archives are only for new installs, never use that to update/overwrite an existing install, existing installations should always be updated through the "check for updates".
This release can be updated by using the "latest" url: http://download.servoy.com/developer/latest/ (when you come from 2019.03 or higher)
If you install a clean install besides the current one which is 2019.12 or lower, be aware that the workspace will be upgraded and it is not recommended to use an upgraded workspace with an older release again.
This release is build on Eclipse 2019.12.

If check for updates says there are no updates, then it could be a caching problem of eclipse, please restart the developer once and try again.

We ship a java with our installation (Java 13.0.1). So there doesn't need to be a java installed on the system anymore.
Also with a next update, we can update the java version with it so no need to keep it up to date yourself anymore.

The update site can't be used to upgrade from 84 to this release, a bug in the eclipse update mechanism will result in a broken installation.
So a clean install needs to be done if you come from 84 (but you can reuse the existing workspace just fine)

This is a release in our quarterly release cycle, if you want to stay on the LTS path you need to stick to 2019.03.1 and enabled only the lts update site.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Servoy 2020.03

Postby steve1376656734 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:06 pm

I have upgraded an existing 2019.12 installation and everything has gone well apart from the fact that every time I now start up the developer it is prompting me to log in to the Servoy cloud. This happens even though I have entered valid credentials and see the Welcome to the Servoy Platform screen.

It seems that the credentials are not being stored. Is there any way to stop this?
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:39 pm

that is really weird, you should be only ask once about this, then it will be stored in the os specific credential storage (is also used over multiply installs)
Not sure what makes your system behave like that, the Servoy icon in the status bar (right, bottom corner) is full orange after you login? (and the popup menu gives you the option to logout?)
Do you have any errors in the servoy or workspace log files?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:51 pm

The Servoy icon is definitely orange but if I click on it it just asks me to log in again. The Welcome to the Servoy Platform screen has my name on it though so it must have got that from somewhere?

There are errors in the log file but none that appear to be related to this issue (just web component stuff)
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby steve1376656734 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:10 pm

Also the download site is still showing 2019.12 as the version number:

2020-04-01_13-05-49.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:13 pm

if you do get right away the login dialog again (when you click on the full orange picture, so the one that looks like the window icon)
The for some reason the login token is not there or not stored..
Did you check all the log files? so also the workspace log? (besides the servoy log)
Because for some reason then we can't store the login information in the your secure credentials storage (which is shared over installs)

What do you see in the preferences?
securestorage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:49 pm

OK - this is very weird.

The version I am using is one that was upgraded this morning from 2019.12 to 2020.03. With this version I have the problem I described and looking at the preferences I can see that the username, password and token have been stored:

Upgraded version
2020-04-01_13-18-27.png

I have now downloaded a fresh install of 2020.03 and if I start up that version, on the same workspace as the other one, it immediately logs into the Servoy cloud as expected. Going back to the upgraded version and I get the login prompt again so it seems that the issue is related to upgrading from 2019.12.

Fresh Install
2020-04-01_13-25-12.png

I can also see that the Servoy logo is different in the fresh installation to the upgraded one.

Looking at the workspace log I can see the following error when I start up the upgraded version:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.security 4 0 2020-04-01 13:29:20.480
!MESSAGE Secure storage was unable to retrieve the master password from the OS keyring. Make sure that this application has access to the OS keyring. If the error persists, the password recovery feature could be used, or secure storage can be deleted and re-created.
!STACK 0
java.lang.SecurityException: Could not obtain password. Result: -25300

For the fresh install there is no error logged.

How can I get the upgraded application to have access to the OS keyring?
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:08 pm

ah then the error that you see is the problem, so what is the difference in those secure storage pages between a fresh install and the other?
(if you also look at the "password" and "advanced" section)

Weird thing is that you do see the contents in the upgraded version just fine.. so you seem to be able to get to the data from at least the preferences.
But that error is what i think is the problem
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:10 pm

OK I have done some investigation and I have found the following:

I cannot find a way to get both the upgraded and the freshly installed instances to access the password. If you delete the secure storage item, the first version that starts up then recreates it and can subsequently log in automatically but the other version cannot. i.e if the secure storage is created by the upgraded version then only the upgraded version will log in and vice versa with the fresh install.

I have checked the keychain item (googling has shown it to be equinox.secure.storage) and I have tried manually adding both versions of the application to the Access control but this makes no difference:
2020-04-01_15-04-58.png

There seems to be no way to get the both versions to be able to access the login details.

In reality this is not a problem for now as I can delete the fresh install and stick with the upgraded version but it may become a problem going forward if I need to keep multiple versions of developer (as I have had to in the past for different projects).

Also the issue of developer hanging if the custom properties file does not exist is still present in the full release version (not the upgraded one as this already had the file in place).
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:40 pm

what does the password section under secure storage look like?
there must be a different between them,

That fresh install has its own workspace? and that upgraded install another?
What happens if you point one to the other?

Or are you saying that the fresh install or the upgraded install really both use the same workspace?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:39 pm

I have tried opening different workspaces and the exact same workspace in both versions and I get the same results.

The password section is the same in both versions.

I have also tried using the "Recover Password..." button and get prompted for my password recovery questions, I enter the answers and it says "The 'master' password has been successfully recovered and is cached in memory." but it still will not login correctly.

If you use Skype, Microsoft Teams or Teamviewer I am happy to do a screen share session if it will help.
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Postby rvanveen » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:05 am

Hi,

It looks that the master password is not correctly set.
To fix this you can do the following steps on mac:

* Start servoy
* Go to Servoy Developer -> Preferences in the top menu bar
* Go to General -> Security -> Secure Storage
* In that list you see OS X Keystore Integration (Select that one)
* After selecting press the button: Change Password.
* Popup will show with a Error about missing password... press NO in that popup so it will create a master password.
* Follow the other other dialogs hits (Mostly pressing OK)

After that you can restart servoy.. the login popup will show again (Once) also when starting up a other servoy the same Keystore is used.
rvanveen

Postby Joas » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:16 pm

After doing a fresh install with 2020.03, I get a couple InvalidJarIndexException Errors in my workspace:
InvalidJarIndexException.png

I read about the new poi lib version and followed Patrick's advice to get the right versions of the poi library and the Jasper plugin.

Here the errors from the .log:
Code: Select all
!ENTRY org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.core 4 0 2020-04-07 12:09:35.697
!MESSAGE Error processing org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.PropertyExpression "Packages.org.apache" in svyExcelUtils.js
!STACK 0
sun.misc.InvalidJarIndexException: Invalid index
   at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(Unknown Source)
   at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
   at com.servoy.eclipse.debug.script.TypeCreator.createType(TypeCreator.java:578)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.typeinfo.TypeCache.findType(TypeCache.java:128)
   at com.servoy.eclipse.debug.script.TypeProvider.getType(TypeProvider.java:57)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.loadType(TypeInferencer2.java:455)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.getType(TypeInferencer2.java:385)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.getKnownType(TypeInferencer2.java:274)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.PackageOrClassValue.<init>(PackageOrClassValue.java:15)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.PackageOrClassValue.createChildImpl(PackageOrClassValue.java:38)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.PackageOrClassValue.getChild(PackageOrClassValue.java:25)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.ChildReference.getValue(ChildReference.java:41)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.AbstractReference.getAttribute(AbstractReference.java:122)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInfoValidator.java:1697)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:143)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.visit(ASTVisitor.java:200)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitorBase.visit(TypeInferencerVisitorBase.java:142)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.visit(TypeInfoValidator.java:548)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1538)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInfoValidator.java:1696)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitorBase.visit(TypeInferencerVisitorBase.java:142)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.visit(TypeInfoValidator.java:548)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1538)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInfoValidator.java:1696)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitObjectInitializer(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1452)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitObjectInitializer(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:139)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.initializeVariable(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:845)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.initializeVariable(TypeInfoValidator.java:1895)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVariableStatement(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1798)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVariableStatement(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:165)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVoidExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1805)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVoidExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:167)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitorBase.visit(TypeInferencerVisitorBase.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.visit(ASTVisitor.java:26)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitScript(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1613)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitScript(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:149)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.doInferencing(TypeInferencer2.java:116)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator.build(TypeInfoValidator.java:168)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildModule(StandardScriptBuilder.java:242)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildNatureModules(StandardScriptBuilder.java:176)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.build(StandardScriptBuilder.java:73)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.fullBuild(ScriptBuilder.java:448)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.build(ScriptBuilder.java:156)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:833)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:220)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:263)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:316)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:319)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:371)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:392)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:154)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:244)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.core 4 0 2020-04-07 12:09:35.703
!MESSAGE Invalid index
!STACK 0
sun.misc.InvalidJarIndexException: Invalid index
   at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
   at com.servoy.eclipse.debug.script.TypeCreator.createType(TypeCreator.java:578)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.typeinfo.TypeCache.findType(TypeCache.java:128)
   at com.servoy.eclipse.debug.script.TypeProvider.getType(TypeProvider.java:57)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.loadType(TypeInferencer2.java:455)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.getType(TypeInferencer2.java:385)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.getKnownType(TypeInferencer2.java:274)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.PackageOrClassValue.<init>(PackageOrClassValue.java:15)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.PackageOrClassValue.createChildImpl(PackageOrClassValue.java:38)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.PackageOrClassValue.getChild(PackageOrClassValue.java:25)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.ChildReference.getValue(ChildReference.java:41)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.AbstractReference.getAttribute(AbstractReference.java:122)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.visitPropertyExpression(TypeInfoValidator.java:1697)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitObjectInitializer(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1452)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitObjectInitializer(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:139)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.initializeVariable(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:845)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator$ValidationVisitor.initializeVariable(TypeInfoValidator.java:1895)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVariableStatement(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1798)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVariableStatement(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:165)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVoidExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1805)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitVoidExpression(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:167)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitorBase.visit(TypeInferencerVisitorBase.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.visit(ASTVisitor.java:26)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitScript(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1613)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencerVisitor.visitScript(TypeInferencerVisitor.java:1)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.javascript.ast.ASTVisitor.handle(ASTVisitor.java:149)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.ti.TypeInferencer2.doInferencing(TypeInferencer2.java:116)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.javascript.validation.TypeInfoValidator.build(TypeInfoValidator.java:168)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildModule(StandardScriptBuilder.java:242)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.buildNatureModules(StandardScriptBuilder.java:176)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.StandardScriptBuilder.build(StandardScriptBuilder.java:73)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.fullBuild(ScriptBuilder.java:448)
   at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.builder.ScriptBuilder.build(ScriptBuilder.java:156)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:833)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:220)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:263)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:316)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:319)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:371)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:392)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:154)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:244)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

Any ideas on what goes wrong here?
Joas de Haan
Yield Software Development
Need help on your project? yieldsd.com
Joas
Site Admin

Postby jcompagner » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:46 pm

that looks a lot like: https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-14885
but that is only showing in when deployed, not in developer...
But somehow there is a jar that java has problems looking into. We just tried it with a default install and that is working fine (tested when deployed)
when just doing Packages.org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger("org.sablo.websocket.WebsocketEndpoint").warn("test")

i guess the excel modules does: Packages.org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.IndexedColors.AQUA
we will test that also
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Joas, do you also have jasper plugin installed?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Next

Return to Announcements