Servoy 2021.09

Servoy announcements

Servoy 2021.09

Postby jcompagner » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:20 pm

We are pleased to announce the availability of Servoy 2021.09 (release number 3703)

Look at the whats new for more info about the 2021.09.x changes
For all fixes in this release see issues list.

This version is available through the the download site

We ship only installers, so for windows an exe file and for osx a dmg, for linux we have a archive tar file.

The full installers/archives are only for new installs, never use that to update/overwrite an existing install, existing installations should always be updated through the "check for updates".
This release can be updated by using the "latest" url: http://download.servoy.com/developer/latest/ (when you come from 2019.03 or higher)
This release is build on Eclipse 2021.06 (4.20)

If check for updates says there are no updates, then it could be a caching problem of eclipse, please restart the developer once and try again.

We ship a java with our installation (Java 16.0.2). So there doesn't need to be a java installed on the system anymore.
Also with a next update, we can update the java version with it so no need to keep it up to date yourself anymore.

This is a release in our quarterly release cycle, if you want to stay on the LTS path you need to stick to 2021.03.1 LTS and enabled only the lts update site.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Servoy 2021.09

Postby rafig » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:02 pm

Congrats Johan & the Team!
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Postby pitc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:21 am

Has there been a change to how the IDE does the export to war file?
After updating to the final release 3703 the export to war hangs with the copy plugins message showing.
I looked at the .log file and there seems to be a time reading error?
I copied the information of the war export to a file then invoked the batch file to do same. This gives me the "something is wrong message.
I did do a war export using 2021.09 rc2 and it was ok.
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Postby jcompagner » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:01 am

between RC2 and the final there where almost no changes
and i don't think any in the WAR export area. So i have no idea why that suddenly can go wrong.
Also i haven't heard any other complains also all the command line exports (which is the same code) that are also working fine.

maybe when it hangs you can make a stackdump on the admin page to see where it is busy with then.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby pitc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:18 pm

I have attached the admin log file.
It appears to be a stack overflow error. But not sure what cauess it.
When the war export is running it shows the "copy plugins" then stops.
I have selected all the plugins to be use in the war.
This is the exact same setup as I did in rc2.
Is there anything else I can examine or enhance in the logging?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Postby jcompagner » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:16 pm

this is somehow a problem with copying the plugins (and the jnlp files with them)
it seems to be finding constantly the same set of files that it wants to copy
So there is something in your application_server/plugins dir that is weird or changed between RC2 and the final
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby pitc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:56 pm

I did a test:
select all plugins EXCEPT servoy_jasperreports and it exports correctly.
In the folder \plugins\servoy_jasperreports there is a poi-4.1.1.jar
In the folder \plugins\poi there is the same file.
I will remove the poi-4.1.1.jar file from the servoy_jasperreports plugin folder and try again with all plugins to export: fails to export!
The jasper reports plugin is version 6.17.0 (I downloaded 2021.Sep.02).
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Postby Gabi Boros » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:46 am

I just tried a war export with 2021.09 with latest jasper plugin, and for me it works fine; are you sure you have the plugin correctly copied? If you think everything is ok, and still have the issue, you could just zip your install and send it to us, so we can debug it.
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby pitc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:36 pm

I have now deleted the servoy_jasperreports plugin and associated files from the application server. Then re-downloaded the servoy_jasperreports plugin and installed it.
Note that I use the svyUtils$Excel and therefore in the past changed the servoy_jasperreports_jar.jnlp file as per https://github.com/Servoy/svyUtils/wiki/ExcelUtils.
This time I did not change the servoy_jasperreports_jar.jnlpfile.
The export of war file went correctly included was the servoy jasper reports plugin jar files.
Then I added the changes to the servoy_jasperreports_jar.jnlpfile and now the export to war file hangs.
Does this mean that the instructions at https://github.com/Servoy/svyUtils/wiki/ExcelUtils are no longer correct?
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Postby Gabi Boros » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:21 pm

just tried with adding the poi.zip from https://github.com/Servoy/svyUtils/wiki/ExcelUtils and it works fine for me; can you show the content of your servoy_jasperreports.jar.jnlp after your change? I guess you do have the plugins/poi folder, right?
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby pitc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Yes I downloaded the poi.
attached is the jnlp file after I modify according to the instructions.
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jnlp spec="1.0+" codebase="%%serverURL%%" href="/servoy-client/plugins/servoy_jasperreports.jar.jnlp">
   <information>
      <title>Servoy Client Plugins</title>
      <vendor>Servoy and Others</vendor>
   </information>
   <resources>
      <j2se version="1.6+"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports.jar" download="eager" version="%%version%%"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-io.jar" download="lazy" part="commons-io" version="%%version%%"/>
         <package name="org.apache.commons.io.*" part="commons-io" recursive="true"/>
      <extension href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports_commons.jar.jnlp" name="servoy_jasperreports_commons.jar" version="%%version%%"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/jasperreports-6.17.0.jar" download="eager"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-beanutils-1.9.4.jar" download="lazy" part="commons-beanutils" version="1.9.4"/>
         <package name="org.apache.commons.beanutils.*" part="commons-beanutils" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-collections-3.2.2.jar" download="lazy" part="commons-collections3" version="3.2.2"/>
         <package name="org.apache.commons.collections.*" part="commons-collections3" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-digester-2.1.jar" download="lazy" part="commons-digester" version="2.1"/>
         <package name="org.apache.commons.digester.*" part="commons-digester" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-lang-1.0.jar" download="lazy" part="commons-lang" version="1.0"/>
         <package name="org.apache.commons.lang.*" part="commons-lang" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-math3-3.6.1.jar" download="lazy" part="commons-math3" version="3.6.1"/>
         <package name="org.apache.commons.math3.*" part="commons-math3" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar" download="lazy" part="commons-logging" version="1.1.1"/>
         <package name="org.apache.commons.logging.*" part="commons-logging" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/groovy-3.0.7.jar" download="lazy" part="groovy" version="3.0.7"/>
         <package name="org.codehaus.groovy.*" part="groovy" recursive="true"/>
         <package name="groovy.*" part="groovy" recursive="true"/>
         <package name="groovyjarjarantlr.*" part="groovy" recursive="true"/>
         <package name="groovyjarjarasm.asm.*" part="groovy" recursive="true"/>
         <package name="groovyjarjarcommonscli.*" part="groovy" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/itext-2.1.7.js8.jar" download="lazy" part="itext" version="2.1.7.js8"/>
         <package name="com.lowagie.*" part="itext" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/ecj-3.21.0.jar" download="lazy" part="jdt-compiler" version="3.21.0"/>
         <package name="org.eclipse.jdt.*" part="jdt-compiler" recursive="true"/>
      <jar href="/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/poi-4.1.1.jar" download="lazy" part="poi" version="4.1.1"/>
         <package name="org.apache.poi.*" part="poi" recursive="true"/>
<!-- svyExcelUtils libraries /-->   
<extension name="svy_utils_excel.jar" href="/plugins/poi/svy_utils_excel.jar.jnlp" version="%%version%%"/>   
   </resources>
   <component-desc></component-desc>
   <security>
      <all-permissions/>
   </security>
</jnlp>
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Postby Gabi Boros » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:29 am

your jnlp looks fine, I tried it, and the export works fine; please zip your install (with the all your changes), and create a case with it in our support system
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby pitc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:56 pm

You are thinking of some corruption in the Servoy release that I have?
I used the update method. Maybe something went wrong.
I could always try to download a fresh copy entirety rather than updates.
I cannot zip the install for the support system - max limit of 19.54 Mb
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Postby Gabi Boros » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:36 pm

you could upload it to a storage service (like google drive) and add a link of it to the case (make sure the link is accessible to anyone)
Gabi Boros
Servoy
Gabi Boros

Postby pitc » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:28 pm

I downloaded a full version of the Servoy_2021.09.0.3703, made all my databse server connections again, specified the code workspace.
I did not download the servoy_jasperreports plugin.
War file export: select all plugins on the dialog - export fails in the same way.
Remove servoy-jasperreports from the list - export runs ok.

So something wrong in the war export code (which of course I have no way to debug).

There are plugins listed that I do not use in my code (yet) or that I am not aware of using, such as oath.jar, openid.jar, mobile.jar, mobileservice.jar and perhaps more.

I had assumed that the war exporter was smart enough to determine what jar files are needed.
Is there a way to check what jars the solution needs for the export external to the war exporter?
Is there a way to log progress of the war file exporter?

If I put back servoy_jasperreports and try to eliminate as many jars as I beleive are not used would that help?
Tom
prospect-saas.com
pitc

Next

Return to Announcements