Postby jcompagner » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:07 pm

so you can't click on "64 bit"?
for me that downloads it just fine.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Re: Servoy 2022.3.0

Postby mw » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:50 pm

It's done. I realised, that you have to click at the bottom of the tile, not in the middle.
Monika Waser
om computer support ag, Switzerland
mw

Postby steve1376656734 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:43 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the JAR version checking when exporting a WAR file. Servoy is flagging up an issue with JAR versions in a third party plugin (they have two JAR files with the same name but one is in a subdirectory) and we cannot now export a working version of our solution. The solution worked perfectly with the multiple JAR files on 2021.12 so should work with 2022.3 if we can just switch off the JAR checking temporarily!

Thanks
Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:18 pm

you can't turn that off
but what goes wrong for you? Because what we output are just warnings.
Are you using smartclient an those jars are references in jnlps? (they need to be at the clients machine)?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:55 pm

The problem that we are having is that although these are warnings on the screen, the JAR files it considers as duplicates are not then included in the WAR file and don't appear in the plugins.properties file. This causes the plugin we are using to fail because the necessary JAR files are not there. What your code picks up as duplicates in the checkDuplicateJars() method of the WarExporter class are not really duplicates but seem to be just JAR files with the same name (but different contents).

We are speaking to the third party plugin provider to get this amended but cannot export a working WAR until this is done.
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:08 pm

so you have 2 jars with the same name (what jars are that)?
that also don't have the correct manifest entries? (like "Bundle-SymbolicName" or "Automatic-Module-Name") which are used by default (and jar name is just a fallback)
but those 2 jars are really completely different things?

can you just rename 1 jar then?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:21 pm

I tried doing the renaming of the JAR but I obviously got something wrong because the warnings went away but the JAR files were not included in the WAR. I think it may be something to do with the jnlp file but I am not a Java expert so not sure.

Having played around with it this morning I do have a (very dodgy) workaround for the moment. I export the WAR file which is then missing the JAR files, open it using WinZip, add in the missing JAR files, update the plugins.properties file to include the addtional JAR file details and then upload the amended WAR file. This works for now but is a VERY tedious process.
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Postby emera » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:29 pm

If you renamed the jar, then you also need to use the new name in the jnlp.
emera

Postby rieder » Wed May 25, 2022 5:24 pm

Hi

I have the same issue. Dependency problems because of duplicate libraries. For me, the following jar files are duplicate (after updating all plugins to the newest versions):

• Dependency '/plugins/velocityreport/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar' is not exported because another commons-collections-3.2.1.jar with a higher version (3.2.2) is already present in '/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-collections-3.2.2.jar'.
  • Dependency '/plugins/velocityreport/fs-parser.jar' is not exported because 'fs-parser.jar' is already present in the lib folder.
  • Dependency '/plugins/drmaison-lib/commons-logging.jar' is not exported because another commons-logging.jar with the same version (1.1.1) is already present in '/plugins/servoy_jasperreports/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar'.
  • Dependency '/plugins/velocityreport/fs-commons.jar' is not exported because 'fs-commons.jar' is already present in the lib folder.
  • Dependency '/plugins/drmaison-lib/mail.jar' is not exported because 'mail.jar' is already present in the lib folder.

I changed to path in the jnlp files and deleted the unnecessary libraries. Will soon find out, if it works.
Is there a better solution?

Regards
Birgit
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
rieder

Postby rieder » Wed May 25, 2022 5:57 pm

Now the smart client cannot be launched: "Jar resources in jnlp are not signed by the same certificate": servoy_jasperreports_commons.jar.jnlp
:(
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
rieder

Postby jcompagner » Fri May 27, 2022 2:27 pm

what jasper do you use? is it one of the 2 latest releases here? https://github.com/Servoy/servoy_jasperreports/releases

ah wait you point the jnlp reference in the jasper to the one of velocity?
I guess the velocity plugin is not really a smart client plugin? but purely a server side plugin?

If you are using smart client you should sign all your stuff with your own certificate if possible
What you also can do is delete the duplicate jar of the velocity plugin and just use the jasper one..
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rieder » Tue May 31, 2022 2:55 pm

Thank you, Johan, for your reply.

I did try a new install of Servoy (2022.3.0 -releaseNumber 3742, ARM version) and installed the newest versions of jasper reports plugin (Barcode_Servoy_JasperReports_Plugin_v.2022.3_6.19.1) and velocity. I still see the above mentioned dependency problems. I fixed them by using the libraries in the jasper reports plugin (as you suggested) and Servoys lib folder by changing the entries in the jnlp files and deleting the duplicate jar files.

Export and deployment of war file works now, but launching the smart client still raises the following error. I can solve it by using the older version of the jasper reports plugin (Barcode_Servoy_JasperReports_Plugin_v.6.12.2_2020.03), which is not really what I want. Any idea?

Thanks and regards
Birgit

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 14.30.58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
rieder

Postby jcompagner » Tue May 31, 2022 3:49 pm

servoy 2022.3 and jasper 2022.3_6.19.1 are all signed with the same stuff
if you deploy it without velocity does it work?
because velocity is not signed by us

And you are saying you don't get a warning when exporting?
because Velocity is not signed by us, but does ship by itself with jars which are duplicates i see a IText (but a much newer version i think this is not a problem) and so on.

but the way to fix this is really having your own certificat and sign everything with your own one.
Don't depend on others to provide this
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rieder » Tue May 31, 2022 3:59 pm

Hi Johan
We do sign all jar files (lib, plugins and beans folder) with our own certificate.
As long as there are duplicate libraries (list is above), I cannot create the war file. Export fails.
As soon as all dependency problems are solved, I can create the war file and deploy it. But then the signing error raises when launching the smart client.
I solved it just now by removing the first entry in the servoy_jasperreports_commons.jar.jnlp file which points to commons-lang library (lib/org.apache....).
(In an earlier version of the jasperreports plugin, the number of libraries listed in this file is much smaller, that's why I started deleting).
Is it possible, that this library conflicts with an other library on the server (production)? Any other idea?
Thanks and regards
Birgit
Birgit Rieder
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
rieder

Postby jcompagner » Tue May 31, 2022 4:21 pm

if you do sign everything with the same certificate you can't have those above problems
because there is only 1 signing then..
make sure you remove the existing signing and that everything in application_server/lib and all the plugins and beans are signed with your certificate..
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements