Servoy 2023.3.3_LTS

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 2023.3.3_LTS

Postby huber » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:20 am

Gabi Boros wrote:the fix is in the component, and it is just released (Servoy NG-Grid 2023.3.4) - you can update to it via SPM

Thanks, Gabi, the tests I did with the new NG-Grid where positive :-)
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber

Postby huber » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:36 am

jcompagner wrote:this is a known issue, and already fixed.
The problem was that the docs for the plugins where for some reason not fully correctly generated.
you can fix that by downloading: https://build.servoy.com/latest/servoy_ ... update.zip

and then unzipping the application_sever\plugins
and use copy our plugins in that zip over yours.

Copying the content of the downloaded application_server/plugins folder in my Servoy Developers plugins folder DID SOLVE the function createFolder(Object) warning, but NOT the function Logger warning.
Robert Huber
7r AG, Switzerland
SAN Developer
http://www.seven-r.ch
huber

Postby darren » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:13 pm

Upgrading to this version, but not yet developing w/ TiNG, and when trying to export the .war file, I'm getting the error:

could not create/copy the Titanium NGClient resources

I've found the other complaints of this error from previous version releases and I believe my configurations are correct (some of which are probably not even relevant to the .war export):

Window -> Properties -> Servoy:

- Start NG Client should launch the Titanium NG Client (I've Unchecked this checkbox)
- Open forms with the Titanium NG Client form designer (I've Unchecked this checkbox)

War export:

- Export NG1 Client resources (by default....) (I've Checked this checkbox)

Here are my command line equivalents:

.\war_export.bat -data "C:/Users/Darren/my_workspace_202303" "-s qfi -o C:\Users\Darren\Desktop\my_Deploy -pfw C:\Servoy_202303\application_server\servoy.production.properties -as C:\Servoy_202303\developer\..\application_server\ -defaultAdminUser myAdmin -defaultAdminPassword xxxxxx -d hsqldb.jar mysql-connector-java-5.1.41-bin.jar -crefs aggrid-groupingtable bootstrapcomponents-calendar bootstrapcomponents-calendarinline bootstrapcomponents-checkbox bootstrapcomponents-choicegroup bootstrapcomponents-datalabel bootstrapcomponents-floatlabelcalendar bootstrapcomponents-floatlabelcombobox bootstrapcomponents-floatlabeltextarea bootstrapcomponents-floatlabeltextbox bootstrapcomponents-floatlabeltypeahead bootstrapcomponents-formcomponent bootstrapcomponents-list bootstrapcomponents-progressbar bootstrapcomponents-select bootstrapcomponents-table bootstrapcomponents-tabpanel bootstrapcomponents-textarea bootstrapcomponents-textbox bootstrapcomponents-typeahead servoydefault-checkgroup servoydefault-htmlarea servoydefault-htmlview servoydefault-imagemedia servoydefault-radio servoydefault-spinner servoydefault-splitpane servoyextra-collapse servoyextra-dbtreeview servoyextra-fileupload servoyextra-fontawesome servoyextra-gauge servoyextra-lightboxgallery servoyextra-listformcomponent servoyextra-multifileupload servoyextra-onrenderlabel servoyextra-select2tokenizer servoyextra-sidenav servoyextra-slider servoyextra-textfieldgroup servoyextra-treeview servoyextra-youtubevideoembedder -srefs fontawesome-lib keyListener -tables -allowDataModelChanges false -importUserPolicy 0 -useAsRealAdminUser -doNotOverwriteDBServerProperties -log4jConfigurationFile C:\Servoy_202303\application_server\log4j2-new.xml -webXmlFileName C:\Servoy_202303\application_server\web-qservlet-quartz.xml -ng1"

I've tried clean/build and restarted Developer as well.

I've attached the console output from the war export process (warExportProb-2.txt). Perhaps of note, this is found near the end of the console output:

----
> ngclient2@2023.3.0 build
> ng build --configuration production --subresource-integrity=true ngclient2

'"node"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Finished running 'run build ' time: 0s
----

Any help appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darren

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:31 am

this is weird not sure what happens on your system there
because npm is found because "npm install" and so on do work fine (and npm runs on top of node)

(it does run it from C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\node-v18.14.0-win-x64\node.exe)

but then "ng" (so the angular compiler) suddenly reports that "node" is not found but that is used just before that just fine with the various npm commands we fire.

maybe you can retry once but first remove "C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\" that whole dir and let it generate it again.

Else do you have stuff like node/npm installed in your system? or do you have "angular/cli" (ng) globally installed? (which all shouldn't really matter i also have that locally on my machine and that doesn't interfere)
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby swingman » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:51 pm

This rings a bell. Do you by any chance have a variable called 'module', possibly in a custom component?
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Postby darren » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Johan:

- I tried your suggestion and I still get the error. As you're likely aware, that folder is re-written to "C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\" during the Export .war process, and the re-writing occurs the instant before I get the error. I was watching the folder during the process.
- I do not have node.js or angular installed separately.
- I have attached the console output text file from this attempt.

Christian:

- I don't think this matches what you're suggesting, but it's the only thing with 'module' in it - we have a Servoy Package called 'web' in our main solution with a utils.js containing this:

angular.module('webUtils',['servoy'])
.factory("webUtils",function($services, $window)
{
var scope = $services.getServiceScope('webUtils');
return {
runMethodAfter: function(cb,timeout) {
window.runMethodExecute = true;
setTimeout(function(){
if (window.runMethodExecute)
$window.executeInlineScript(cb.formname,cb.script,[]);
},timeout);

},
stopMethodRun: function() {
window.runMethodExecute = false;
}
}
})
.run(function($rootScope,$services){})

We have a custom form component that displays a button (as an image) with an associated checkbox, to be used in a list, however none of the underlying components are named 'module' and there's no .js declaring any variables.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
darren

Postby jcompagner » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:41 pm

now the txt file is even weird, it does a build no errors but no output at all (after run build)

that code is just angularjs (ng1) what we talk about that building is TiNG

and yes it needs to fully recreate that directory
and then start building (remember this is purely TiNG)

but your -3 file only ends on

---- Running npm command:
C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\node-v18.14.0-win-x64\node.exe
C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\node-v18.14.0-win-x64\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js
run build
In dir: C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\target\my_dist
Total time to check/install Titanium NG solution/dependencies into target folder: C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\target\my_dist is 0 s.

and the old one does

---- Running npm command:
C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\node-v18.14.0-win-x64\node.exe
C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\node-v18.14.0-win-x64\node_modules\npm\bin\npm-cli.js
run build
In dir: C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\target\my_dist

'"node"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Finished running 'run build ' time: 0s

Total time to check/install Titanium NG solution/dependencies into target folder: C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\target\my_dist is 6 s.

so for some reason we now even miss the error or output at all..

Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby swingman » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:20 am

Hi Darren,

Code: Select all
angular.module('webUtils',['servoy'])...
is fine.
Code: Select all
var module = ...
in the same place caused us problems...
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Postby darren » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:25 am

Thanks for the insight, Christian.

Johan, on the chance this provides more context, I'll attach four text files with the console output for the following:

1- Starting Developer as normal
2- Exporting .war file as normal (Export failed as before)
3- Exporting .war file after removing the C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui folder (Export failed as before)
4- Starting Developer after the error on step 3.

I've also included what I assume are log files related to the above noted actions, written to C:\Users\Darren\AppData\Local\npm-cache\_logs. I saw a reference to those in the console output somewhere.

Not sure what else might be useful. If Christian encountered the same problem with a simple variable name, perhaps something similar is happening here with a different variable name?

Another note (that you may recall from other forum posts), is that we previously attempted an upgrade from 2020.06 to 2022.09. While we ran into other issues, we didn't get this error and we were able to successfully export the .war file.
darren

Postby darren » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:56 am

I just checked in the support site and saw this issue, https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-18152

I've followed those instructions and still get the error. Console output attached again. Looks very similar to the previous output.
darren

Postby darren » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:37 pm

I've installed 2022.12 and am encountering the same error as 2023.03-LTS when trying to export the .war file. I've reinstalled 2022.09.2 and I'm able to export a .war file. So it's something beginning in 2022.12.

I'll continue to investigate. Hopefully someone can suggest a fix.
darren

Postby darren » Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:23 pm

In case anyone is interested - I got it working. After a restart of my computer, I was getting different errors which pointing to missing files in "C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\". Not sure if that was related to the deletion of that folder at Johan's suggestion, or if was improperly installed the first time around (during initial installation of Developer and workspace creation). So I deleted the workspace and started over from there. I restarted the computer again just in case, then attempted the .war export and it was successful.
darren

Postby jcompagner » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:02 pm

very weird, there seems to be all kinds of right problem of maybe multiply process stuff for those things
Deleting that dir "C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\" is the same as a new workspace.. (for this scenario) you just start over.
Everything thing in that dir is generated/copied into so that can be fully removed at anytime and after a restart of servoy that should be generated fully again with a node installation and the sources that are being build
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby jcompagner » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:02 pm

very weird, there seems to be all kinds of right problem of maybe multiply process stuff for those things
Deleting that dir "C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\" is the same as a new workspace.. (for this scenario) you just start over.
Everything thing in that dir is generated/copied into so that can be fully removed at anytime and after a restart of servoy that should be generated fully again with a node installation and the sources that are being build
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby darren » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:41 pm

yeah, weird. This was the error I received that prompted me to delete the entire workspace:

Error: Cannot find module 'C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\target\node_modules\@angular\cli\bin\ng.js'
at Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1047:15)
at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:893:27)
at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (node:internal/modules/run_main:81:12)
at node:internal/main/run_main_module:23:47 {
code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
requireStack: []
}

I restarted Developer this morning and was still able to export a .war, so it's still working. I also remembered that I had made a copy of the C:\Users\Darren\my_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui folder before removing it at your suggestion. The

com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\target\node_modules\ folder only contained two subfolders:

\.bin
\@angular-devkit

So, \@angular\cli\bin\ng.js was already missing at that point. I must have missed that error message among the other ones. Points to an improper installation?
darren

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements