Servoy 2023.3.3_LTS

Servoy announcements

Re: Servoy 2023.3.3_LTS

Postby jcompagner » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:52 pm

then some partial stuff did happen when it did install it.

If you want to fully clean it, make sure servoy is not started
delete that whole dir
and then start servoy and let it fully run
(especially the developer, it must complete one build once)
don't delete that dir when servoy is running
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby darren » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:12 pm

Thanks, Johan. Something to remember if this happens again.
darren

Postby darren » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:44 pm

FYI - I encountered the same problem after installing 2023.3.4_LTS. Deleting the \qfi_workspace_202303\.metadata\.plugins\com.servoy.eclipse.ngclient.ui\ folder then restarting Developer was the fix. Not sure why that folder won't get fully populated the first time through.
darren

Postby jcompagner » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:43 am

if you are upgrading, then you get a second dialog (to upgrade the "server" part) and then a restart button
are you maybe restarting very soon that the ng build is still running? so it is not finished yet so you restart your developer and because of that its "half" build?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rafig » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:42 pm

jcompagner wrote:if you are upgrading, then you get a second dialog (to upgrade the "server" part) and then a restart button
are you maybe restarting very soon that the ng build is still running? so it is not finished yet so you restart your developer and because of that its "half" build?

Hi Johan,
just adding to this, I think that what you said is happening a lot of the time, as I think users are not watching that the build is in progress and needs to complete before they 'restart'...
Is there some way you can 'delay' the dialog about restarting until after the build has completed?
I think this will save a lot of messed up install/upgrade/updates in the future (or add some text to advise user to wait until any possible build is complete??)
Thanks
Rafi
Servoy Certified Developer
rafig

Postby darren » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:48 pm

When we first started using Servoy (2019), I tried using the upgrade option to get the latest Developer version, but it never worked. However it quickly became apparent that upgrading through Developer doesn't fit with our development process anyways. We need to test that the new version doesn't cause any stability problems for our deployed applications. We had a misfire when trying to upgrade to 2022.09.

So I always keep my existing instance of Developer and any upgrade involves downloading the newer version and installing it from scratch, completely separately from the last version. I allow the installation to fully complete, then begin the process of creating a workspace and adding in my projects (solutions). I'm quite sure I'm not short-circuiting the build process. Must be something else weird in my laptop, if no one else is getting the problem. I'll just continue watching for it with each new version. At least I've got some sort of workaround. Thanks.
darren

Previous

Return to Announcements