Servoy World 2006: Boston, Sept 26-27

Servoy announcements

Servoy World 2006: Boston, Sept 26-27

Postby Jan Aleman » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:53 pm

Servoy BV proudly announces the location and dates for THE Servoy Conference of the year!

ServoyWorld 2006

Boston, Massachusetts, USA

September 26-27, 2006

ServoyWorld 2006 - being held in Boston, Massachusetts on September 26th and 27th - is THE only international conference focused entirely on Servoy. We want you there! Last year's ServoyWorld in Amsterdam was a huge success; and this year's event promises to be even bigger and better.

Register Today For the Early Bird Special
Register today for ServoyWorld 2006 and you pay the Early Bird Special discount rate of only $695 US for the full Conference Pass Package - a savings of $300 off the regular conference price! Don't miss out on the one and only ServoyWorld 2006.
https://secure.servoy.com

Add To Your Servoy Knowledge
Your ServoyWorld 2006 registration fee includes a full Conference Pass for attending all sessions, taught by the most innovative minds in the Servoy world. Experts from around the globe will be in Boston to reveal their tips, tricks and best practices for your Servoy applications. You will discover the power of this cutting edge software; add to your Servoy knowledge from the many Business and Technical track presentations - each jam-packed with the latest in Servoy technologies; and get to experience Servoy for yourself in the Pre Conference and Post Conference hands-on training sessions. The amount of information you will leave the Conference with, will put you weeks; and even months ahead in learning how to most effectively implement your next Servoy project.

Network With Your Peers
ServoyWorld 2006 offers the best opportunities to network with your peers and learn from the best - all in a beautiful setting. The ServoyWorld conference will open with a "Welcome Reception", where you can talk with others in the Servoy world and jumpstart your conference experience.

Great Food And Lots Of Fun
Your ServoyWorld 2006 registration fee includes all your Conference breakfasts and lunches; the opening night Cocktail Reception - sponsored by our ServoyWorld Platinum partner Excelisys; as well as a fun, exciting tour of Boston and a delicious New England Lobster dinner, sponsored by our ServoyWorld Platinum Partner, The Support Group - so you will have many opportunities to network with your fellow ServoyWorld attendees.

World Class Hotel Accomodations
Staying at the luxurious Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel has its advantages: Your accomodations are in the hotel that is hosting ServoyWorld 2006; you can network easily with your colleagues, and transportation is more convenient. For a limited time, the Boston Marriott Quincy Hotel is offering ServoyWorld Conference attendees a special discount of $149 per night - INCLUDING free internet and FREE local and long-distance phone service (within the USA). This offer will only be available for a limited number of rooms and expires as of April 28, 2006, so make your hotel reservations TODAY! Call (800) 228-9290 and be sure to ask for the "ServoyWorld Special" rate.

Pre Conference Training Sessions
One day Pre Conference Sessions will be offered on September 25 - the day before the opening of ServoyWorld 2006.
Pre Conference Session A: Servoy 101 - A one day Servoy overview and introductory course ($295 US)
http://www.servoy.com/servoyworld

Pre Conference Session B: JavaScript For Servoy Developers - Jumpstart your methods and take Servoy to the next level ($295 US)

Post Conference Training Session
A one day Post Conference Session will be given on September 28 - the day following the closing of ServoyWorld 2006.
Post Conference Session A: User Interface Programming in Servoy - Learn how to expand your Servoy interface designs with code ($295 US) Register here.

For more information on the Pre Conference and Post Conference Sessions, contact Brenda Duncan at bduncan@servoy.com; or Yvo Boom at yboom@servoy.com.

Don't miss out on ServoyWorld 2006!
Register today and SAVE $300 on the Early Bird Special!
https://secure.servoy.com

ServoyWorld 2006 Sponsorship Opportunities
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for ServoyWorld 2006 - helping you to reach the largest Servoy Market in the world, click here.

Special Thank You To Our ServoyWorld Sponsors
ServoyWorld 2006 is proud to acknowledge our sponsors for this international conference:
-The Support Group
-Excelisys
-IT2BE
-Carahsoft
-Data-Mosaic

For more information and ordering:
Jan Aleman
Servoy
Jan Aleman

Welcome to ServoyWorld 2006!

Postby BDuncan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:14 pm

I would like to personally invite all our enthusiastic Servoy users to come to ServoyWorld 2006 in Boston! Let me introduce myself - I'm Brenda Duncan and have joined the Servoy team to coordinate ServoyWorld. Along with loads of help from Yvo, Bob, Jan, Andy, Marc and many others, we have put together a great location (a beautiful Marriott on the South Shore of Boston) and are putting together an excellent line up of topics and speakers. I hope you will come to join us! I got to visit Amsterdam last year (I was only there for the very beginning...) but I can't wait to see the full blown ServoyWorld at Boston this year -- and I hope to meet each and everyone of you in September.

P.S. - Don't forget to register early and to make your hotel reservations soon, as the low rate is going to be gone fast! Plus - don't forget, you get FREE internet if you do your hotel reservations soon!

Brenda :D
BDuncan

5 countries already on board!

Postby BDuncan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:02 am

Hey - as of today we already have 5 countries represented coming to ServoyWorld 2006! Some of the very earliest registrations have been coming from (drum roll please)...those very proper, very alert English men!

Other countries who are already represented:
USA
Netherlands
Canada
Belgium

Who will be next? I'll post it here!

Brenda :lol:
BDuncan

Latest Enrollees are from USA

Postby BDuncan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:03 am

I said I'd post the next enrollee's -- so far they are all coming in from the USA. Europe started out hot and fast -- and now its all American.

Secret hint -- keep your eyes open for our next newsletter -- we will be doing a poll asking for your input on what topics we should add to the sessions.

If you want to know what we are already planning, please check out http://www.servoy.com/servoyworld/sessions.jsp

But I am still adding topics and NOW is the time to tell us what you want to hear about! So feel free to post here or to email me.

Thanks! Brenda
BDuncan

[ANN] Servoy Intensive class at Servoy World

Postby coulombre » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:26 pm

The Support Group will be offering a 3-day version of our 4-day Servoy Essentials class on September 23 - 25, 2006 at the Marriott in Quincy, Massachusetts, the location for Servoy World.

Who should attend
If you are new to Servoy, or have started on your own using other training materials and now want to be fully immersed in it, our Servoy Intensive class will help you to fully understand and utilize Servoy's capabilities. You'll gain an in-depth knowledge of Servoy's features, functions, architecture and deployment methods, and you'll get up-to-speed quickly and learn time saving tips and techniques.

Agenda

Introduction
Overview of Servoy
Looking at the Data
Database Server Connections
What is a Solution?
Forms
Browsing Records
Adding Controls
Basic Formatting
Data Providers
Field, Image and Text Label Formatting Properties
Field, Image and Text Label Property Descriptions
Formatting Properties
Field, Image and Text Label Behavior Properties
Working with Value Lists
Calculations
The Methods Editor
Overview of the Methods Editor
Understanding an IDE
Javascript Basics
Understanding Object Oriented Syntax
Creating your First Form Method
Methods to Alter Properties
Methods to Work with Records
Methods to Set Field Values
Navigation Methods
Relations and Related Data
Working with Portals
Relations and Methods
Tab Panels
Using Conditional Statements in Methods
Events
Using Variables in Methods
Global Variables
Using Dialog Boxes in Methods
Looping in Methods
Reporting
Servoy's Aggregate Data Type

Pricing
Tuition for our 3-day Servoy Intensive class is $1,495. For Servoy World attendees, the cost is $1,195, a $300 discount if you sign up before August 1, 2006.

Dates & Location
Servoy Intensive will be held September 23 - 25, 2006 at the Marriott in Quincy, Massachusetts, the location for Servoy World.

Additional details
To register, or for more information, call The Support Group's training support desk toll-free at 866-940-8400 x225 (from outside the USA call 508-653-8400 x225) or email Greg Lekstrom at glekstrom@supportgroup.com.
coulombre

Early Bird Deadline Looming

Postby BDuncan » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:29 pm

Don't forget to sign up for ServoyWorld by April 28. You can save $300 on the "Early Bird" special!

We do take credit cards.

To register please visit http://www.servoy.com/servoyworld/registration.jsp

We have a LOT of registrants already, with 7 countries represented now. This promises to be even bigger and better than last year. Excellent topics, great speakers, loads to learn, meet all the other forum members in person. It will be a lot of fun!
BDuncan

Rooms Running Low for ServoyWorld

Postby BDuncan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:12 pm

The "early bird" sign ups are going on like crazy on this last day. ALSO - I just got off the phone with the hotel -- they allowed me to add a few more rooms at the low rate (with free internet) but they are going fast. Please, please sign up today AND make your hotel reservations ASAP so that you can get the good rates. I'm not sure how many more (if any) I can add.

Thanks all you Servoy FANS!!

Brenda
BDuncan

Just in case you hadn't heard...Aberdeen to be at SW 2006

Postby BDuncan » Fri May 19, 2006 1:19 am

The Aberdeen Group to be Keynote Speaker at ServoyWorld 2006

Jan Aleman, CEO of Servoy, B.V. has announced that the Aberdeen Group has agreed to present a session about Servoys unique capabilities at this years annual, international conference. Mr. Peter Kastner, Vice President and Director for Enterprise Integration Research will speak at a full session during the conference. He has been quoted as saying: "Servoy has a better software-development mousetrap for quickly building departmental applications while still relying on industry-standard Java, SQL, and XML. Where programmer productivity is an issue, Servoy shines."

The Aberdeen Group is the leading provider of fact-based research focused on the global technology-driven value chain. Founded in 1988, Aberdeen has established the market leading position as the "voice that matters" when it comes to understanding the measurable results being delivered by technology in business. For more information about the Aberdeen group, please visit www.aberdeen.com Known for in-depth research in technology, the analysts and researchers at Aberdeen bring a strength of authority when they comment or speak about software.

ServoyWorld 2006 will be held in Boston, USA this year on September 26 and 27. Sessions at Servoys annual conference will range from learning about the basics of Servoy to in-depth technical sessions about Servoys Web Client. Experts from around the globe will converge to show off their solutions, plug-ins and new beans that enhance the strength and functionality of Servoy. Case Studies and Success Stories from actual Servoy applications will include solutions where Servoy has been deployed across continents and even oceans. Vertical markets such as healthcare, education and insurance will be featured. You wont want to miss this unique, international event, especially with the exciting announcement about The Aberdeen Group. For more information and to register, please visist http://www.servoy.com/servoyworld/main.jsp

###
BDuncan

4th of July Special!

Postby BDuncan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:36 pm

ServoyWorld is in Boston this year, the birthplace of American Independence. So those of us in the USA office convinced the team in Holland to let us offer a special price rollback for ServoyWorld just in time for America's independence day (July 4 - for those in Europe and beyound, who might not know our holidays!).

Check out the special $300 off (limited time, only for the holiday period!) at http://www.servoy.com/servoyworld/main.jsp

We have updated the ServoyWorld web page and there is a LOT of new stuff going on!

We can't wait to see you all in Boston, so be sure and register soon.

Brenda Duncan
ServoyWorld 2006 Coordinator
BDuncan

Postby Harjo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:15 pm

I have placed some videos online.

See here

Hope you will enjoy it.
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby chartpacs » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:39 am

Harjo,

Thanks for posting those videos, but since some of them contain potentially sensitive information (like the upcoming features of 3.1), did you get permission to post them? If so, then kindly disregard this message.
Regards,
Servoy Developer
Version 3.1 beta2-build 401
Java version 1.5.0_06-64, Mac OS X 10.4.8
chartpacs

Postby cybersack » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:15 am

chaps....take this discussion offline :)
cybersack

Postby chartpacs » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:31 am

Good idea, cybersack. Harjo, I sent you a personal message.

Please forgive me if I came across like a jerk. It wasn't my intent. I just wanted to be sure that Servoy gave their blessing for upcoming features to be made public. Of course, I'm not sure how many YouTube visitors search for Servoy videos anyway ;o)
Regards,
Servoy Developer
Version 3.1 beta2-build 401
Java version 1.5.0_06-64, Mac OS X 10.4.8
chartpacs

Postby Harjo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:37 am

yes ofcourse I have permission. personally from Jan Aleman.
I asked him upfront, and if I'm right he allready have seen it.
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Return to Announcements