Servoy 3.1.2

Servoy announcements

Servoy 3.1.2

Postby svroemisse » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:27 pm

NOTE: Due to an issue with Servoy 3.1.1 we pulled this release and created Servoy 3.1.2

We announce the immediate availability of Servoy 3.1.2

Make a backup of your current Servoy installation (directory and database) before installing.

This version will also be available through auto update shortly for 3.x.x users (check via help menu -> check for new version)

Changes:
[fix] fixed 'move code' on the New Record command in the FOUNDSET node
[fix] the server wouldn't be synchronized properly with table/column changes when in multideveloper mode
[fix] scheduler could break when closing/restarting a solution
[fix] button to open calendar would disappear when datetime field set to non-editable
[fix] web client lost field contents under certain conditions
[fix] server template webdav access
[fix] race condition with foundsets during find/sql use
[fix] better detection of cross-references in calculations
[fix] paint problem for disabled scaled images
[fix] better support of old user_id to be used as user_uid
[fix] database bigint values limited to 2147483647

[chg] mail plugin change for Java 1.6 support
[chg] better database number type support
[chg] log the multideveloper tracking enabling/disabling

[enh] added case sensitive search option to Developer editor

Previous release:
http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=7610
Sandor Vroemisse
Servoy
svroemisse

Time Display problem

Postby dponti » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:08 am

I'm having a problem with the display of time fields in 3.1.2 Developer in Mac OS X (and now in 3.1 Developer on Mac, although it USED to work in 3.1 developer) that I'm not seeing when in client mode when connecting to 3.1 server on Linux. The backend database is PostgreSQL 8.1.3; the field I am trying to display is of type "time without timezone" in PostgreSQL, which defaults to a DATETIME type in Servoy.

No values display in the fields, and an error is logged in the Developer log:

2007-02-12 14:29:08,609 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] com.servoy.j2db.util.Debug - Throwable
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Bad Timestamp Format at 2 in 17:57:00
at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.toTimestamp(AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java:1183)
at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.getTimestamp(AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java:376)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getTimestamp(DelegatingResultSet.java:150)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingResultSet.getTimestamp(DelegatingResultSet.java:150)
at com.servoy.j2db.dataprocessing.BufferedDataSet.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.j2db.dataprocessing.SQLEngine.a(Unknown Source)
at com.servoy.j2db.dataprocessing.SQLEngine.performQuery(Unknown Source)

This sounds like it might be a driver problem, but when I swapped in an older postgresql driver just to check, it still didn't work. Again, I didn't have the problem in 3.1 developer before I went through the various upgrades, and in using the solution in client mode talking to our Linux server running 3.1, the fields display correctly.

Any idea what's going on?

Dan
dponti

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 am

As far as we tell this has nothing todo with Servoy, Servoy sents all date related info as a number (mseconds since 1970) to the database.
Servoy does no date string formatting in SQL, this has to be a driver problem, try updating to the latest driver version.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby jcompagner » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:33 am

I see that that is even a getTimeStamp() so servoy doesn't sent anything to the driver it just asks for the value of a timestamp column.
Then the drivers seems to get a string value "17:57:00" from the server it then tries to make a Date Object from that but it uses on the client (client of the database, can be developer) a wrong format or something because it doesn't get that.

Does the db server also run on the mac? Or is the server hosted somewhere else? Somehow it seems to me that the server and client are using different date formats to send each other stuff.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby swingman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:46 pm

Hi, we are running Servoy 3.1.0 on Mac OS and Windows connected to various versions of PostgreSQL on (Mac OS X, OpenSolaris, Linux and Windows); versions 8.1.x, 8.2.3. No problems with dates.

Maybe you have a strange datestyle in PostgreSQL?
Search for datestyle in the PostgreSQL documentation.
Christian Batchelor
Certified Servoy Developer
Batchelor Associates Ltd, London, UK
http://www.batchelorassociates.co.uk

http://www.postgresql.org - The world's most advanced open source database.
swingman

Postby dponti » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi - Thanks for the comments and tips. I found the problem and it was a bit obscure, so I'm reporting here in case anyone else has similar issues with drivers.

On my Mac OS X Intel iMac that I use for Developer (Servoy Server and PostgreSQL hosting both my Servoy repository and my solution data run on a Linux machine), there was an old (vintage 2004) postgresql.jar file residing in my /Library/Java/Extensions folder. I'm not sure how it got there, but it must have been transferred over to this new machine from an older one. In any event, this folder must be in the class path ahead of anything that Servoy loads, so the older version of the driver was loading instead of the version that ships with Servoy.

Since time fields were displaying properly up to 3.1, the old driver must have been ok, until something changed in 3.1.2. Removing the old copy of the driver from this folder solved the problem.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Dan
dponti

Return to Announcements