Multiple floating windows

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

Re: Multiple floating windows

Postby amcgilly » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Peter,

That looks great. However if you then cloned your main form using solutionModel.cloneForm() and opened several instances of it at once you'd find that your tabpanels stop working in all but the most recently opened clone. Also if you need to put code in your main form that references the tabpanels (or vice versa) and you want that code to work in the clones, that can be a challenge because the clones will all have acquired new names. Those are the problems for which I have proposed solutions in my article.
Adrian McGilly
Servoy Developer

amcgilly

Postby david » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 am

amcgilly wrote:Peter,

That looks great. However if you then cloned your main form using solutionModel.cloneForm() and opened several instances of it at once you'd find that your tabpanels stop working in all but the most recently opened clone. Also if you need to put code in your main form that references the tabpanels (or vice versa) and you want that code to work in the clones, that can be a challenge because the clones will all have acquired new names. Those are the problems for which I have proposed solutions in my article.

+1

Handling one form in multiple windows is easy. Beyond that...takes some "extra-thought-sauce" as we say around here.
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby Harjo » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 am

I have heard somewhere, that cloning with parent tab's is somewhere on the roadmap...
Could'nt find it (searched quickly in the support system) so quickly, so maybe someone of Servoy can comment on this one
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby pbakker » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:10 am

It is a proposed Feature Request, but as there is a viable solution already and the proposed FR has quite a large impact on how you develop your solutions, the FR is not very high on the roadmap.

Paul
pbakker

Postby joe26 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:00 pm

I've used the clone process, but the cloned form updates both records from either list view.

I've attemped to set use clone.useSeparateFoundSet = true, but that leaves the original function intact. In the clone, the list view is selectable but the record isn't updating.

Once a form is cloned, the function that sets the index on the individual record view from a list view doesn't fire. The onSelectionRecord must be explicitly identified to set the index on the record view.

Thanks!
joe26

Previous

Return to Forms