Protecting Part of a form...

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

Protecting Part of a form...

Postby arumalla » Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:46 pm

Hi

I have to design a form, which is having the details of the customers and the sales amount figures by quarter. now I wanted to show part of the form (only the customer details) to the sales people and full form (with sales details) to the administrator.

how can I achive that with Servoy. any ideas...?

Thanks & Regards

Chandra Arumalla.
arumalla

Postby Jan Aleman » Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:18 pm

1. Give the elements involved in this a name, by default elements have no name, when they have a name they show up in both the methods editor and the security editor.
2. Open the security editor (tools->security) and create two groups. If it is the first time you open the security editor make sure to add yourself to the administrator group or you will not be able to login again.
3. Assign the rights to each security group, don't forget to check the box solution login required
Jan Aleman

Postby david » Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:44 pm

jaleman wrote:1. Give the elements involved in this a name, by default elements have no name, when they have a name they show up in both the methods editor and the security editor.
2. Open the security editor (tools->security) and create two groups. If it is the first time you open the security editor make sure to add yourself to the administrator group or you will not be able to login again.
3. Assign the rights to each security group, don't forget to check the box solution login required

What...no related file? No portal? No calc field that tests for current group or username? And it works with any element you give a name to? Did you guys sell time shares in a past life?

Oh...it does work this way.... Pretty cool :)
david

Postby edward » Thu May 01, 2003 9:11 am

Awesome huh! You should also check out the ease of appearing/disappearing fields without the need for a Scriptology degree at runtime.

There's an excellent example in the demo's section in the developer section of the website.

http://develop.servoy.com/demos/dissapearing_fields.htm
edward

Postby arumalla » Thu May 01, 2003 6:17 pm

this was the nicest part in my whole developing life time... I wanted to give 5/5 rating for developing applications with servoy and 100/5 rating for ease of use to a zero knowledge computer people...

In our organisation the chemists and shipping dept. people are very lucky.... lol...

Keep up the good work ... and thanks to Jan Aleman and Team....

Thanks...
Thanks & Regards

Chandra Arumalla

chandraa@synpep.com
www.synpep.com
arumalla

Return to Forms