displayType=Check:enable/editable bug?

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

displayType=Check:enable/editable bug?

Postby john.allen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:21 am

Hi,

This is Servoy 6.0.4. and only seems to happen in web-client not smart (tested in Chrome). I have some fields set as displayType/Check with either zeros or ones as data. I have their properties set as enabled=true and editable=false. The purpose is to allow users to edit the fields IF and only if they are in FIND mode. In smart client that's fine. But in web-client I can enter data when I go in to find mode and 'check' the values I want to find 'checked'. But when it brings back those records the fields I searched on are now 'editable' ('RNA' and 'Chunks'). See attached screen shot.
Screen shot 2012-01-26 at 5.53.15 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-01-26 at 5.53.15 PM.png (13.61 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

If I then do another 'find' on separate fields the first record that is shown then has ALL those 'check' fields as editable. If I click through the records then they revert to their true design-time state of uneditable. Programmatically I can force them to be editable(readOnly) or enabled and then things work as in smart client but not otherwise. This is necessary even though, when I get the state of that property (application.output(checkfield.readOnly), I find that it is already 'true'. So I have to set the readOnly state to true programmatically or the actual record could be edited. This seems to be a bug. Should I enter it in the queue?

John
John Allen
Stanford University
john.allen

Re: displayType=Check:enable/editable bug?

Postby Andrei Costescu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 am

It does sound like a bug from your description. Please create a case.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Re: displayType=Check:enable/editable bug?

Postby lvostinar » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:58 pm

john.allen wrote:Hi,

This is Servoy 6.0.4. and only seems to happen in web-client not smart (tested in Chrome). I have some fields set as displayType/Check with either zeros or ones as data. I have their properties set as enabled=true and editable=false. The purpose is to allow users to edit the fields IF and only if they are in FIND mode. In smart client that's fine. But in web-client I can enter data when I go in to find mode and 'check' the values I want to find 'checked'. But when it brings back those records the fields I searched on are now 'editable' ('RNA' and 'Chunks'). See attached screen shot.
Screen%20shot%202012-01-26%20at%205.53.15%20PM.png

If I then do another 'find' on separate fields the first record that is shown then has ALL those 'check' fields as editable. If I click through the records then they revert to their true design-time state of uneditable. Programmatically I can force them to be editable(readOnly) or enabled and then things work as in smart client but not otherwise. This is necessary even though, when I get the state of that property (application.output(checkfield.readOnly), I find that it is already 'true'. So I have to set the readOnly state to true programmatically or the actual record could be edited. This seems to be a bug. Should I enter it in the queue?

John

Will be fixed in Servoy 6.0.6 .
Laurian Vostinar
Servoy
lvostinar

Return to Forms