Simple report in servoy

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

Simple report in servoy

Postby caroline.j » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:11 am

Hi All,
Sorry to ask such a simple question - I really must be missing something obvious :( .
I'm trying to create a very simple report for each record, it just has a label and the resulting data for each field, however I want this to be vertical ie

Author: Fred Bolgs
Title: Some good book
Binding: Gilt edged

My problem is that a number of the fields are TEXT_AREAs so I have set the PrintSliding options so that they expand and following fields and labels have the Move allow Vertical set. Unfortunately the labels are not moving so nothing is lining up!!

Please can someone point out what I'm doing wrong.
Many thanks
Caroline
caroline.j

Re: Simple report in servoy

Postby Andrei Costescu » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:11 pm

What if you add a 1 px height empty label between each row (label - data pair), wide enough to separate rows completely (not just labels or just data)? Set that as well to move-slide vertically.
The problem is I think that labels do not grow so they don't push next labels further. This way labels will be pushed as well by the dummy 1 px label that is pushed by the text-area on top of it.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Re: Simple report in servoy

Postby caroline.j » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:47 pm

Thanks Andrei, that worked perfectly though I have in fact used a line and then with CSS changed its colour to white that way it's easier to move the elements around!
caroline.j

Return to Forms