showPrintPreview but not the form?

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

showPrintPreview but not the form?

Postby caroline.j » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:14 pm

I have a form that allows a user to set various options, then will display a printPreview of another form/report with the specified info. This all appears to work fine, however, when the same report is run a second time while it processes the data the previous report data appears on the screen (I think as the form which I didn't think I was ever showing!).
Does anyone know how to stop the form of a report from being displayed when just calling a showPrintPreview().
Many thanks
Caroline
caroline.j

Re: showPrintPreview but not the form?

Postby Andrei Costescu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:20 pm

It's not clear to me what is happening. Can you give a name to your forms? maybe I can follow what's happening easier...
Describe step by step what you do using which form and what happens, what shows up, in which mode (print-preview/normal)?
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby caroline.j » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Andrei,
Ok let me try to explain:-
From form frmReportOptions I call showPrintPreview of my report rptCatalogue, this works fine and when the print preview is closed I am looking at the frmReportOptions as I would expect.

However when I run the report again (with the same rptCatalogue.controller.showPrintPreview) while the report is processing the html fields the actual rptCatalogue form is displayed with some of the previous data on it.

As I never actually show the rptCatalogue form I'm unsure why it should be visible, and therefore how to stop it appearing.
I hope that makes more sense and you have some idea of what I need to do.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Caroline
caroline.j

Postby Andrei Costescu » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:09 pm

caroline.j wrote:However when I run the report again (with the same rptCatalogue.controller.showPrintPreview) while the report is processing the html fields the actual rptCatalogue form is displayed with some of the previous data on it.

What do you mean by "while the report is processing the html fields"?
Let me see if I got the rest of it: you are in frmReportOptions, show print preview in the same window for rptCatalogue, then close print preview, then show print preview for rptCatalogue again, but instead of showing the report in print preview it is shown as a normal form. Is this right?
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Postby caroline.j » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Yes.
What do you mean by "while the report is processing the html fields"?

It appears to take a few seconds to construct the html and while it is doing that the screen says "processing print preview" and if the report has already been run then it was showing it as a normal form, before going into print preview mode.
caroline.j

Postby Andrei Costescu » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:17 pm

This sounds like a bug indeed. Please report it here.
Attach a sample solution and a detailed usecase that show the problem.
Andrei Costescu
Servoy
Andrei Costescu

Return to Forms