Form's fields popping out of nowhere [Solved]

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

Form's fields popping out of nowhere [Solved]

Postby studiomiazzo » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Hello,

from time to time we encounter some slight issues with forms and fileds apparently popping out of nowhere (see attachment). Can you see the white field near the bottom of the form? There's absolutely no sign of it in the developer, and indeed when debugging within the developer everything goes fine. The problem arises when we publish the solution on the server.

Do you have any idea why this could be happening? I don't really know what more to do...

EDIT: I solved by un-extending and re-extending parent form. Still don't know the first cause though...
Attachments
form.png
form.png (14.77 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
Last edited by studiomiazzo on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
studiomiazzo

Re: Form's fields popping out of nowhere

Postby matthewbrice » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 pm

I saw something like this as well when i added a field to a form using the solution model. The field appeared in the middle of the form, then when i clicked on it it jumped down to the form footer like it was supposed to. Unfortunately I am not sure exactly what version of servoy that was( I believe it was 6.0). I was asked to submit a case and sample solution for it, but ended up going in a different direction and regretfully i did not....
Matt Brice
matthewbrice

Re: Form's fields popping out of nowhere

Postby studiomiazzo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 am

Well, let's see if someone comes in with some idea, otherwise I'll probably open a case on JIRA. Thanks anyway :D

P.S.: I might add the servoy version is 6.0.7
studiomiazzo

Return to Forms