The Semi_Rookie Rides Again - Changes in smart client displa

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

The Semi_Rookie Rides Again - Changes in smart client displa

Postby RonG » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi all,

And a good day to you.

In the process of building a new Servoy instance, I mistakenly installed 6.1.2, rather than my usual more prudent approach of staying off the bleeding edge a bit. :-) But, since I had it there, I figured, "hey, what the heck, why not?". Well, I'm discovering a few things along the way that I'm finding kind of, well, interesting.

For example, I look at a form in the developer and everything looks fine, but when I run that form in the smart client, the font sizes are all different causing the field labels to no longer fit the areas that they are in, etc. So, I'm guessing that I've done something wrong here, because if this had happened to everyone when they went to 6.1, there would be a great wailing of despair from the masses.

I did take a look at the list of changes for 6.1, but while I may have missed something, I didn't see anything labeled conveniently as "here's why your forms look crazy now". :-)

So, if someone could give me a hint as to where I've gone amiss, I'd appreciate it.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Ron
Ron Gafron
Aspen Ridge Arts/WorkingArtist software
RonG

Re: The Semi_Rookie Rides Again - Changes in smart client di

Postby tgs » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:07 pm

What does the "The Semi_Rookie Rides Again" in the subject mean?
For me this is very annoying and doesn't help finding forum topics by keywords.

Regards,
Thomas Schnaus
SAN Developer
yomotec GmbH
tgs

Postby RonG » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:25 pm

It's simply a reflection of my learning curve in the Servoy community. I can't imagine why anyone would find it annoying, although you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

On the other hand, I suppose you now have a measure of payback by having me come to the forum to check on a response that ended up having no useful information.

I hope that the rest of your day is less annoying.

Ron
Ron Gafron
RonG

Postby Harjo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi Ron,

I have no answer to your problem, but I talked to couple of people also, who don't understand why you put it in every subject title..
So you give yourself a title. right? :) that's fine.. Maybe the best place for that is in your signature?

just a suggestion... :wink:
Harjo Kompagnie
ServoyCamp
Servoy Certified Developer
Servoy Valued Professional
SAN Developer
Harjo

Postby RonG » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Harjo,

Could be. I'm getting kind of tired of it at this point, anyway. Probably time to retire it. Perhaps, the Rookie Rides No More :(

Thanks for your thoughts. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. If nothing else, it was a way for me to make sure that my questions stood out a bit. But, if it's getting to the point that people are just responding to ask me what the "Rookie" is all about, that's not getting me the kind of attention I want :)

Have a good day.

Ron
Ron Gafron
RonG

Return to Forms