Tab tooltip and tags

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

Tab tooltip and tags

Postby steve1376656734 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:45 am

Hi,

Please bear with me if there is an obvious answer to this question as I am relatively new to Servoy development, but I have searched the forums and Google and don't seem to be able to find any answer to my question.

I have a tab panel that contains two forms. I have tried to set the toolTipText for each of the tabs (using the Edit text property chooser that pops up when you click on the ...) and have selected a tag to display some record related data. Unfortunately when the form is run the raw tag text (%%case_header_to_claimant.full_name%%) is displayed as the tooltip instead of the record data. I know that when you want to display a tag in a normal textfield you have to click the displaysTags box but this property doesn't seem to exist for a Tab or a TabPanel.

I am running Servoy V7.2

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Re: Tab tooltip and tags

Postby steve1376656734 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 am

UPDATE:

I have tried the same thing in the text property instead of the toolTipText property and it works fine :D - the problem is I use i18n tags in the text field and if I try to combine the i18n with the other tags it does the tag substitution first and then tries to look for an i18n key that contains the other text which then doesn't exist.

In summary:

text property
if I put i18n:ews.generic.claimant.lbl I get Claimant as the text - Correct
if I put %%case_header_to_claimant.full_name%% I get Mr. Joe Bloggs as the text - Correct
if I put i18n:ews.generic.claimant.lbl - %%case_header_to_claimant.full_name%% I get !ews.generic.claimant.lbl - Mr. Joe Bloggs! as the text - Not what I wanted

toolTipText property
if I put i18n:ews.generic.claimant.lbl I get Claimant as the tooltip- Correct
if I put %%case_header_to_claimant.full_name%% I get %%case_header_to_claimant.full_name%% as the tooltip- Not what I wanted (and different to the text property)
if I put i18n:ews.generic.claimant.lbl - %%case_header_to_claimant.full_name%% I get !ews.generic.claimant.lbl - Mr. Joe Bloggs! as the tooltip - Not what I wanted (but at least its consistent with the text property)

Thanks Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 am

about point 2 (the difference between tooltipText and text property) you can make a case so that we can look at it

about i18n that must also between tags... %%i18n:xxxxxx%% else the text will just be seen as 1 large i18n key..
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the assistance and glad there was an easy answer to how to combine the two tags (I've tried it and it works fine!).

Regarding point 2 - how do I make a case for this. I am new to Servoy and only became a SAN member 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Postby jcompagner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby steve1376656734 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:06 pm

Case raised with reference SVY-5037.

Thanks

Steve
Steve
SAN Developer
steve1376656734

Return to Forms