TextArea cropped by TitleHeader

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

TextArea cropped by TitleHeader

Postby christof.brenke » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi,

on my Form I have an TitleHeader with the Height of 60. In that Title Area are different Buttons for Navigation and beside these Buttons there is an TextArea, which should be able to resize (e.g. width: 300, height:300)
at onFocusGained. But when resizing, it is cropped by the TitleHeader. Is it possible to come across the TitleHeader?

Thanks in advance for your Help.

Regards,
Christof
christof.brenke

Re: TextArea cropped by TitleHeader

Postby Bernd.N » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi Christof,
did you already try to resize the titleHeader.height at the same time you resize the TextArea?
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Servoy 7.4.9 SC postgreSQL 9.4.11 Windows 10 Pro
Bernd.N

Postby christof.brenke » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Bernd,

thanks for your reply. I didn´t try to alter the height of the titleHeader, because I want the titleHeader height to remain the same.
The textArea should come across the titleHeader, like an opened combobox, which is placed just above the titleHeader.
I dont´t know if it´s possible, but for some other elements it is working too, except the textArea. It seems to me, that it is kind of hidden behind the titleHeader.
christof.brenke

Postby mboegem » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi Christof,

you can not resize elements beyond the boundaries of a layout part, at least not directly though plain Servoy code.
It works for opened combobox, because this is just default behaviour of opening the combobox, not because of resizing the element.

In case resizing the header would have been a solution (as Bernd suggested), I would not recommend to do so.
The only way to do this is to change the design of your form through code and recreating the UI.
This should work in smart-client/web-client, but for sure NOT in ng-client.

The easy way to make this sort of work in smart-/webclient, is to open a form in dialog, containing the textarea at the size you want.
You can even open this dialog right next to your original textare (although in that case I think you might be better of using a textfield here, as it will show any text without linebreaks)

In webclient you will be able to do this through the webclient utils plugin, where you can inject code into the html page which will take care of resizing the element at DOM level.

I guess in the ng-client you can even create a component that will do this, where you also will manipulate the size via the DOM.

Hope this helps.
Marc Boegem
Solutiative / JBS Group, Partner
• Servoy Certified Developer
• Servoy Valued Professional
• Freelance Developer

Partner of Tower - The most powerful Git client for Mac and Windows
mboegem

Postby christof.brenke » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Marc,

thanks a lot.

I will take a closer look at the Webclient Utils.
christof.brenke

Return to Forms