plugins.window.maximize() not Working

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

plugins.window.maximize() not Working

Postby kwpsd » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:45 pm

Version: 8.1.1 - build 3029
Java 1.8.0_101
Smart Client
Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, build 14393.576

Our login starts with a reduced sized main window to capture the users credentials. Once the credentials are confirmed, we launch the main solution, and one of the first things in the onSolutionOpen() method is plugins.window.maximize() to maximize the main window. However, the main window remains at the reduced size. The solution works fine in version 6.1 (have not tested in 7.4, see below). Are others having the same problem?

Note that SVY-5052 has this problem with Macs using Java 7 update 25 and Servoy 7.2.

Reference: https://support.servoy.com/browse/SVY-5052?jql=text%20~%20%22plugins.window.maximize%22
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Re: plugins.window.maximize() not Working

Postby kwpsd » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Anyone else experiencing this? I tested this in the just released (today) Servoy 8.1.3.3033, and it still does not work.
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Postby jcompagner » Tue May 09, 2017 2:09 pm

does this only fail for a real smart client? Or also in developer (i tried quickly in developer and there it works fine for me)

maybe on solution open is to soon. The window is not really fully showing, if you do it under a button click does it work then?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby kwpsd » Tue May 09, 2017 7:04 pm

It fails for both developer and smart client.

Our onSolutionOpen() method initializes several items with the main window resizing being the first item. Based on your hint (thank you!) that the window resizing code may be executing too early, I moved the code to the last item in onSolutionOpen(), and now the window resizes properly. So, it is a timing issue. Is there a way to tell when the system is ready to accept a window resize call? Juggling code around to compensate for a timing issue seems 'iffy' to me.
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Return to Forms