Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

Table View Missing Rows and Columns

Postby kwpsd » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:20 am

Servoy Server 8.1.1
Smart Client
Java 1.8_121
Jasper Reports Plugin 6.0.0
Jasper Reports Preview Bean

One of our customers has been running a solution on Servoy 6 for several years without any problems. They configured a new server on which to migrate Servoy, so we are taking the opportunity to move them to Servoy 8. We set up Servoy 8 on the new server and imported the solution, and it runs normally until a Jasper report is run and viewed in the preview bean. Once the report preview is closed, all table views do not display rows or columns unless the mouse pointer is dragged over the screen. As the mouse pointer moves over the table cells, the cells become visible (see graphic below). It's as if the window painting for table views has been interrupted. Does anyone have any idea what is happening?

table_view_not_painting.png
table_view_not_painting.png (34.27 KiB) Viewed 4131 times
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Re: Table View Missing Rows and Columns

Postby Bernd.N » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:15 pm

I have seen the same behaviour in Smart Client from Servoy 7 when using remote desktop on a VPN.
It happens rarely meanwhile, lets say once in a while in 1 of 10 sessions. The only fix is then to start over the solution from scratch.

When it is not possible to track down and to fix your problem, I would try not to use the preview bean but to create and show the PDF directly in a PDF viewer.
We do that and it works fine.
My favorite viewer, by the way, is Foxit (freeware) which has tons of options and nice features.
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Servoy 7.4.9 SC postgreSQL 9.4.11 Windows 10 Pro
Bernd.N

Re: Table View Missing Rows and Columns

Postby rodney » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi Kim

I think your issue is the same as this case.

https://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21430

Your issue was the same effect we had and was resolved with the fixes as per the case. We have seen this multiple times since and was always reproducible (missing table columns/rows).

Hope this helps.
rodney

Return to Forms