Adding items to a portal

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

Adding items to a portal

Postby Riccardino » Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:52 pm

Hi,

is it possible to control the property that assigns an item to a portal?

E.G.: I have a form with three portals. I designed a button with a rollover image and I use it to delete the selected portal row.
I would find very helpful to be able to reuse this button on the other portals (and, why not?, in other portals on different forms): I tried copying it, selecting the new portal and pasting it, but the object doesn't "stick" to the portal.

Is there a way to do that?
Riccardino

Postby jcompagner » Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:33 pm

There is no real control or property that does that.

The only thing that needs to be done is selection the portal and then place a new component as you know. Now placing a new component or copy one should go through the same thing, so if you selected a portal and you paste a component it should add it to the portal.

i add it to the feature list.
jcompagner

Postby Riccardino » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:51 pm

jcompagner wrote:There is no real control or property that does that.

The only thing that needs to be done is selection the portal and then place a new component as you know. Now placing a new component or copy one should go through the same thing, so if you selected a portal and you paste a component it should add it to the portal.

i add it to the feature list.

Probably I'm doing something wrong:
if I select the portal and I choose "insert picture", the picture is linked to the portal;
if I copy (or cut) a picture, I select the portal and then I paste it, the picture remains "orphan".
Riccardino

Postby jcompagner » Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:16 pm

sorry wasn't making myself clear enough, i was talking how it should be, the copy/paste function does currently not go through the same functions as new. They should be doing that and i have placed this in the feature Database.
jcompagner

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:20 am

copy/paste behaviour corrected in release 1.2 rc4
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Return to Forms