font problem

Questions and answers for designing and implementing forms in Servoy

font problem

Postby Harjo » Wed May 14, 2003 9:39 am

i have the following problem.
If I use the Servoy-style then the fonts of the fields are: Tahoma,0,11(under properties) But in view-mode it shows all the fields in Arial!
Only when I go in design-mode, select all fields, click on the font-propertie-tag and click OK again, then the fonts are shown in Tahoma.

Are the fonts not saved within a style??
Harjo

Postby maarten » Thu May 15, 2003 10:32 am

i have the following problem.
If I use the Servoy-style then the fonts of the fields are: Tahoma,0,11(under properties) But in view-mode it shows all the fields in Arial!
Are you really sure? I've checked the servoy style by placing an extra field on a form with Arial font. Especially the "p" and "n" differ form each other. Arial also looks a bit more compressed. Please let me know because at first sight Arial and Tahoma look a bit alike.

NOTE: When you apply a style to an existing form or change the style of an existing form, the style will not be visible until you close and reopen Servoy.

Only when I go in design-mode, select all fields, click on the font-propertie-tag and click OK again, then the fonts are shown in Tahoma.

Are the fonts not saved within a style??
I did a test on saving styles, but it seems fonts don't get saved.
I'll send a bug report to the dev team. Keep you posted.
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Postby Jan Blok » Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:06 pm

In the next release (after 1.1 rc3) it is made clear in the font property when a font is explicitly set or it is using the Look and Feel default font.
This will address the problem.

Note: a style is applied on solution load (no need to reload/restart servoy)
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Return to Forms