Mobile PDA devices

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Mobile PDA devices

Postby ebrandt » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:57 pm

From what have read in the forum, this additon is in the works. I will need to add this functionality. It seems blackberry devices have a java based application development enviorment.

If this technology is not going to be added any time soon, is there a preferable development tool that would integrate well with my sql backend.

The only Issue I see using another development tool is that my current solution in servoy manages all database tables, it is the only application accessing the database.

If I need to utilize another application for mobile devices, I would need to manage the table keys through SQL (This is more work).

Thanks for any input
Erich
ebrandt

Postby Jan Blok » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:03 pm

We are in the process of creating a Servoy mobile prototype which will run on mobilephones (java midp), PDA's, settopbox and as applet in webbrowser. (all online operation only)
If the prototype is ready we will deteremen based on developers feedback if we add this to Servoy product family.
Jan Blok
Servoy
Jan Blok

Postby mskuma » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:50 am

I was wondering if there is any update since Oct 2004 about whether the client can run on a PDA (e.g. PocketPC type device). Thanks.

Regards

Michael.
mskuma

Postby bcusick » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:53 pm

Hi Michael,

Have you tried to use the headless client functionality - and just use a browser on the PocketPC?

It works very well, it's fast, scalable, and pure html.

Check out the "headless client" topic for examples, whitepaper and more information.
Bob Cusick
bcusick

Return to Programming with Servoy