Overlapping transparent images

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Overlapping transparent images

Postby Riccardino » Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:50 pm

hello everybody,

I was wondering what can be the best way to manage the overlapping of different transparent images that end up in a scheme.
I made some tests with labels and gif files, and I saw that is quite easy to make a label show an image or another.
But, I don't know how many overlapping images I have to manage, so I don't think it's an option to put on a form - say - 10 or 20 labels one on top of another, hoping not to have 21 different images to show :-)

The question: is there a way to show an non-predefined number of transparent overlapping image files (like having infinite layers)?
A solution would be to be able to set a label (or a field) to show different images at the same time, like this pseudo code...
Code: Select all
elements.et11_1.setImageURL("media:///bottom.gif","media:///middle.gif","media:///top.gif")

But it doesn't seem to work ;-)
Any idea appreciated. :-)
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby david » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:40 pm

How about using imagemagick with executeProgram()? Store all your base images in a table, combine whatever you need with imagemagick, save the new image, then display with a field set to transparent and no border.

Or you could ask the developers for an image array object. Let me know how hard they laugh at you! :lol:
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby Riccardino » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:55 pm

david wrote:How about using imagemagick with executeProgram()? Store all your base images in a table, combine whatever you need with imagemagick, save the new image, then display with a field set to transparent and no border.

Is a good option, but hard to setup (especially if the server runs under windows).
I need something that can work with a "standard" servoy server...
david wrote:Or you could ask the developers for an image array object. Let me know how hard they laugh at you! :lol:

I'm afraid I've already reached the maximum number of requestable features: I cannot ask anything new before 2006 ;-)

Maybe YOU could ask for an image array object...0:-)
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby david » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:21 pm

Riccardino wrote:I'm afraid I've already reached the maximum number of requestable features: I cannot ask anything new before 2006 ;-)

2006? You have all the love. I was told to shutup until further notice. Probably had something to do with me asking for a bread slicer object the other day.... :oops:
David Workman, Kabootit

Everything you need to build great apps with Servoy
david

Postby Riccardino » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:25 pm

david wrote:
Riccardino wrote:I'm afraid I've already reached the maximum number of requestable features: I cannot ask anything new before 2006 ;-)

2006? You have all the love. I was told to shutup until further notice. Probably had something to do with me asking for a bread slicer object the other day.... :oops:

So they said yes, isn't it? ;-)

Can't wait to see it...:-D
ciao, ric
Riccardino

Postby maarten » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:37 pm

Or you could ask the developers for an image array object. Let me know how hard they laugh at you!

:roll: :shock: :lol:
Very creative thinking here, though I'm not sure if it's going to make it into the top 10 list.
Nevertheless, keep firing your requests ;o)
Maarten Berkenbosch
maarten

Return to Programming with Servoy