Collaborative development?

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Collaborative development?

Postby drookwood » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:03 pm

I am embarking on a major development that ideally needs more than one developer working on it. Is there a way to split up a solution so that different developers can work on different sections of a project and then reintegrate them as a single solution? It would probably also be necessary to do this repeatedly, reintegrating the solution for full testing, then allocating different areas to individual developers for further work.

If this is possible are there any views on the best way to accomplish it.

If it is not possible does anyone have any suggestions as to how best to work collaboratively on a single solution?
drookwood

Postby david » Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:04 am

I would think that as long as the developers are working on different forms each one could export their version of the solution and import to a testing installation. Each import would in a sense add that developer's work to the overall application. When a testing cycle is done, export the solution and repeat a development cycle.

I haven't tested and I'm not sure how global fields, global methods and field modifications would get handled. Worth looking into.

- david
david

Return to Programming with Servoy