Problem with standard tags in tab panels

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Problem with standard tags in tab panels

Postby craig-c » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi,

I'm developing a solution with Servoy 4.0.1 and I'm have problems with standard tags when using them in tab panels.

I am using the tags in the following way to show information about the current record in a form:
%%selectedIndex%% / %%maxRecordIndex%%
This is used in labels that are set to display tags.

The screen shots below show the forms where I am using these tags:
forum_question_1.jpg
forum_question_1.jpg (108.99 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

forum_question_2.jpg
forum_question_2.jpg (99.98 KiB) Viewed 1041 times

Using tags in this way works fine when I'm using them in a standard form or when I'm using them in a tab panel that's set directly into a standard form. However, I get problems when I try using them in a tab panel that's set into another tab panel (as shown above - the telephone number and fax number tab panels).

When there are records in the form, the tags usually display no data at all. Also, when there aren't any records in the form, the tags show data that indicates that there are records.

This isn't a problem when records are first added. At that point the tags show the correct information. However, as soon as I move to another record, or restart the solution, I get the problems shown above.

Therefore, is there away to set up tags to work correctly when using them in tab panels that are set within other tab panels. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Craig
craig-c

Return to Programming with Servoy