MySql SHOW WARNINGS statement - How can I use it in Servoy?

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

MySql SHOW WARNINGS statement - How can I use it in Servoy?

Postby rioba » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:54 pm

I am working on a small solution to import csv files in Servoy using tables created on the fly according to the kind of data to be imported. To do this I use the the MySql LOAD DATA INFILE statement with the IGNORE option to avoid interruptions of the import. Data imported from heterogeneous sources often contain many small errors that could be better corrected after the import instead of having it continuously stopped and restarted because of the SQL messages originated by these same errors.

To do this I need to retrieve the SQL warnings and messages generated d and make any necessary correction to the data. To do this MySql documentation suggests using the SHOW WARNINGS statement. My problem is that I don't know how to retrieve the resulting messages and use then inside Servoy. The rawSQL plugin doesn't seem to help: I can retrieve single error messages, but not the output of the SHOW WARNINGS statement.

Any tip, hint and suggestion would be much appreciated :D
rioba

Return to Programming with Servoy