integrating WebServices???

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

integrating WebServices???

Postby pbakker » Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:08 pm

Hi All,

Just a general question: Does anyone have experiencing integrating a WebService into Servoy?

I do not know much about them, so I have no idea where to start (and if there is a simple way to do it :-D)

I just know that there are some handy ones aroung (for the Dutch people on here: Send a zipcode, receive the matching addresses)

In HTML I have it working, but that kind of scripting inside Java doesn't seem to work in Servoy HTML fields.

So, if someone got some pointers....

Tnx in advance,

Paul
pbakker

Postby pbakker » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:49 pm

Hi, since no one responding I took up the glove to build a plugin with a Soap web service. I got quite far (I think) but now I'm running into a problem I cannot get my hands on....

I get a SoapException, saying: Root element of a SOAP message must be: 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Envelope'

I browsed the Internet and cannot find much, except that this might have something to do with interferences with XML parsers, in particular xerces.jar. And this one is used by Servoy (I pressume, since it's in the .lib dir of Servoy).

From one website I got the following: "a JAXP compatible, namespace-aware XML parser such as Apache Xerces (v1.1.2 or later). If you have other non-namespace aware XML parsers on your classpath then the namespace-aware parser must be at the front of your classpath. Apache SOAP will not work otherwise. ".

Can someone from Servoy tell me if I might have a conflict here?

Or maybe someone knows what my problem could be?

tnx,

Paul
pbakker

Postby pbakker » Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:57 pm

I'll just continue to update you with my efforts... :D

I put an HTTP-listener on port 80 and found out that somehow, somewhere in the process of calling the webservice, the port 80 part (":80") is added to the URL twice.... :(

I tested it with an HTML variant of the same webservice and there this doesn't happen...

So, i might have found a bug in the soap.jar from Apache or a conflict between Servoy and this jar.... I don't know...

I'll keep searching... If anyone has an idea, I'd very much like to hear it :lol:

Paul
pbakker

Return to Programming with Servoy