Getting Started

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Getting Started

Postby Morley » Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:43 am

This one is right off the top. I've installed Servoy Developer R2 1.2 on Mac and proceeded to the "Creating a Solution" flash tutorial.

I've arrived at the New Form dialogue. I've chosen Using Server -> example_data. But the next slots, Using Style, Form Name, Using Existing Table are all blank, nothing available.

CRM and all the other available servers are also blank.

I sense the installation is not complete. Not sure where to turn next. I downloaded and installed R2 1.2 build 259.

Thanks for pointers.
Morley

Postby IT2Be » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:29 pm

May I suggest that you install the 2.0 release candidate. Much better equiped and up to date.

Very soon Servoy will release 2.0...
Marcel J.G. Trapman (IT2BE)
SAN partner - Freelance Java and Servoy
Servoy Components - IT2BE Plug-ins and Beans for Servoy
ServoyForge - Open Source Components for Servoy
IT2Be
Servoy Expert

Postby Morley » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:27 pm

IT2BE wrote:May I suggest that you install the 2.0 release candidate. Much better equiped and up to date.

I've now done so. I'm attempting to replicate the instructions in the tutorial "Creating a Solution".

The only option for Form Style is "Servoy".

Continuing on to the Customers form the popup at the top of the Specify Fields dialogue is greyed out with the text "Data Providers for companies".

Because it's greyed out I'm unable to follow along placing the fields shown in the tutorial.

What's the situation?
Morley

Postby Morley » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Morley wrote:Continuing on to the Customers form the popup at the top of the Specify Fields dialogue is greyed out with the text "Data Providers for companies".

Because it's greyed out I'm unable to follow along placing the fields shown in the tutorial.

Figured it out. Needed to create a form for Order Details rather that Companies. Still puzzled by the greyed out popup at the top of the Specified Fields dialogue.
Morley

Final comments

Postby Morley » Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:02 pm

I've successfully completed the Creating a Solution tutorial. Pretty neat.

I find the best way to learn something entirely new is to replicate the tutorial step by step, not simply watch. There's a few rough edges in this tutorial but fundamentally it works.

This Servoy environment looks very understandable. Very excited about getting our existing FileMaker Pro solution converted and seeing it run under Servoy.

Will continue with the rest of the tutorials and close reading of the Developer PDF.
Morley

Return to Programming with Servoy