Value Lists using Relationships

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Postby rochard » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:56 pm

I have 4 tables and two relationships. The tables are:
rateBuilder, Locations, roomTypes and roomIDs.

The relationships are
1. ratebuilder_to_roomIDs using field locationID
2. roomIDs_to_roomTypes using field roomtypeID

A value list displays all of the location names (from the Locations table) but returns the locationID. The roomtypeID field should then display all of the related records from the ratebuilder_to_roomIDs relationship but comes up blank! Additionally what I really want, in the roomtypeID field is to display the names from the roomTypes table but return the roomtypeID but again, if I select the relationship roomIDs_to_roomTypes, the correct fields appear for selection but nothing appears in the value list. Both values lists are formatted as comboboxes and scrolling has been disabled.

The roomTypes valus list is set to use Database Values and Related Values. The left side of the Related Values is set to use the relationship
ratebuilder_to_roomIDs

The right side is set to use the relationship
roomIDs_to_roomTypes

Obviously I am doing something wrong but can't see it. TIA[/quote]
Michael Rochard
rochard

Postby jcompagner » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:56 pm

i need to see an example for this.
It is to difficult to completely get the picture of what forms you exactly have.
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Postby rochard » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:29 pm

So now this is very strange. Both Johann and Maarten have looked at the sample file I sent them and both have the related field displaying the correct values based on the locationID field. However the roomcatid field on my development machine will not display anything no matter how it is formatted and what is in the locationid field. Using RC11 and RC12 on a Windows XP machine.

Help!
Michael Rochard
rochard

Postby jcompagner » Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:56 pm

do you have no output what so ever in youre .log.txt file?
If you don't have anything in that one
Can you start servoy developer with -DSTACKTRACE=TRUE (see the bat file) (java.exe -DSTACKTRACE=TRUE -jar servoy_developer.jar)

And then when you change the locationid a few times can you send me the log you get?
Johan Compagner
Servoy
jcompagner

Return to Programming with Servoy