Control of the Menu Bar

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Control of the Menu Bar

Postby Morley » Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:46 pm

Is it possible to program the Servoy Menu bar so that the end user sees only the commands we want them to see?

I understand the properties of a form command such as onNewRecordCmd that the default can be overridden by a method or script (pages 142 and following of the Developer User's Guide).

Is this the only control of the menu bar available?

Second question. Can I control which forms are displayed in the Window menu from the context of the current form? In other words, if the current form is "x" then only certain forms are displayed? Is it possible to control the sequence of forms in the Window menu and to group them? In other words to show forms related to invoices together, purchasing together, etc?
Morley

Postby Harjo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:26 pm

Harjo

Re: Control of the Menu Bar

Postby Westy » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:47 am

Morley wrote:Is this the only control of the menu bar available?

You can present your form in a dialog that will keep the user from being able to access the menu bar until the form is closed. Something like:

application.showFormInDialog(forms.formname,-1,-1,-1,-1,'Your Form',false,false);
Westy

Return to Programming with Servoy