Servers

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Servers

Postby Morley » Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:49 pm

Scattered throughout the Developer User's Guide are numerous references to "servers". There's no section heading for "server", nor does it appear in the index.

On page 79 this statement is made, "It is highly recommended to create new forms in a different server than the repository_server connection to keep the design and data clearly separated."

When creating a new solution I'm offered a set of existing servers (crm, example_data) but no way of creating new ones. It defaults to the repository_server, the one thing the above quote warns against.

I'm fuzzy about what Servoy means by the term "server".
Morley

Postby Harjo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:28 pm

UNder EDIT - Preferences - DB servers

you can assign any server-connection you want.

Hope this helps
Harjo

Postby mnorman » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:05 pm

Scattered throughout the Developer User's Guide are numerous references to "servers". There's no section heading for "server", nor does it appear in the index.

On page 79 this statement is made, "It is highly recommended to create new forms in a different server than the repository_server connection to keep the design and data clearly separated."

When creating a new solution I'm offered a set of existing servers (crm, example_data) but no way of creating new ones. It defaults to the repository_server, the one thing the above quote warns against.

I'm fuzzy about what Servoy means by the term "server".

Morley,

We appreciate your comments.

In the next version of the Servoy Developer User's Guide, we will make information regarding the term "server" more clear and/or provide a reference to a section in the documentation that provides more detailed explanation.

Kind regards,

Return to Programming with Servoy