CCS

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

CCS

Postby ebrandt » Wed May 19, 2004 11:49 pm

With the help of the servoy team, I have created a Sql dataset and displayed it with html in a global field.

To my basic understanding CCS are html templates?

We have a excellent graphic artist that is great at html. I was hoping that I might be able to have him create html templates that I could incorporate into my solution.

This way I could avoid extensive html, utilize my resources and keep my focus on the logic and process flow.

I understand the elementry concept of html and it's importance. If I can somehow accomplish this, we colud work together to build a impressive interface for the end user.

If anyone could put together a few more pieces for me, I would be most appreciative.

Thankx,
Erich
ebrandt

Postby ebrandt » Wed May 19, 2004 11:50 pm

Opps...

replace CCS with CSS <smacking head on forhead>
ebrandt

Postby bcusick » Wed May 19, 2004 11:57 pm

There are LOADS of websites that go into exacting detail on what CSS is and how to use it. Here's a quick 2-minute primer:

You start with specifying the "style" in your html:

Code: Select all
<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">

Now you define the NAME of the style and the attributes you want to include in the style:

.bodyText {font:Tahoma; size:9pt}

Then you close your style tag:

</style>
</head>
<body>

Then to make a string take on the properties of a style (or an object like a table row or cell) - you refer to the style name using the "class" keyword. For example:

<center class="bodyText">my formatted text</center>

The easiest way to learn about CSS is to use a graphical editor like Macromedia Dreamweaver or Adobe GoLive... you point and click and it will generate the code for you - and you can look at the code and even copy/paste into your method.

Hope this helps,

Bob Cusick
bcusick

Postby ebrandt » Thu May 20, 2004 12:10 am

OK, makes great sense. So instead of needing to involve someone with extensive html kwowledge, I can generate the code with a program that is point and click (to some extent).

It is probably fair to say that the graphic designer at my office most likley uses a similar tool.

What are the advantages for the available programs. Which one would be the easiest one to use?

Thankx,
Erich
ebrandt

Return to Programming with Servoy