Pre- and Post-Import Hook Modules

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Pre- and Post-Import Hook Modules

Postby pbromwell » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:04 am

Is it possible for the pre- and post-import hook modules to be aware of the module being imported? We want to send a notification to our users that a new version of the solution they're currently in is available, but not notify users who don't use the solution.

Just seeing what I'm working with here.
pbromwell

Re: Pre- and Post-Import Hook Modules

Postby Bernd.N » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:01 am

I guess you mean "... but not notify users who don't use the modules that just were imported" - or do you run several distinct solutions for your users?

Personally, I would manage version tracking of single modules and user management (to answer the question "who is using what") in a tiny framework of my own.
That is the most flexible, as any needed functionality could be build in right away (also any security / authorisation / licensing functionality).
That way you could also manage any needed notification after an import, as you have all information available in your own tables.

We have divided our solution into a lot of modules, but we do not keep track of a version for each module, that would be too time-consuming.
Instead, we treat each new solution that we import as a new version and just count up (currently at V105), that's it.
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Servoy 7.4.9 SC postgreSQL 9.4.11 Windows 10 Pro
Bernd.N

Return to Programming with Servoy