Web Client behavior when cloning or copy URL on new tab

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Web Client behavior when cloning or copy URL on new tab

Postby satya.sahu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi

I am using servoy 7.4.1(Web client).The user logged-in to the system and after few minutes when the user tries clone the window or open the url in a new tab(same browser) or clicked on the shortcut icon to open solution again, Servoy allow the same solution open appear in a new tab. The problem is that the same solution open in two tabs in same browser, Servoy made the 1st tab solution as inactive where as new tab as active, So now the user might have have confusion on which tab he/she will work which might lead to data loss.

So Is there any solutions when user clone/url retype/ click shortcut then it should logout/page expired the previous window, so that user can work on new tab.
Here is also a discussion I saw in the servoy forum related to that topic.
http://forum.servoy.com/viewtopic.php?t=14500&f=34

Any suggestion or solution? :cry:

Thanks,
Satya
satya.sahu

Re: Web Client behavior when cloning or copy URL on new tab

Postby Bernd.N » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:10 am

Hi Satya,
in case there is no easy solution, best would be to inform and train the users, I guess. :)

Some banking and commercial website also depend, for example, on the fact that users may not use the "Go back" button on the browser.
So they inform the users right away.
Bernd Korthaus
LinkedIn
Servoy 7.4.9 SC postgreSQL 9.4.11 Windows 10 Pro
Bernd.N

Return to Programming with Servoy