add a local file to clipboard

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

add a local file to clipboard

Postby HEKUCH » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi guys,
In my application I manage documents. These are stored in a directory on the Servoy server. In my application, I show which documents are available for an operation. Now the user wants to do the following: The displayed documents should be dragged from the smartclient-application to another application (if possible by drag-drop). Of course I show in the smart client no documents, but only entries in the application.

Is there any ideas how I could make that?

Is there a way to copy a local file to the clipboard so that the file can be inserted again (eg in Outlook) with CTRL+V?
I have a solution which is not so elegant: I have created with Foxpro an EXE, which I can pass the files as parameters. This Foxpro application passes the files to the clipboard.
Hendrick Kurland

DataBit GmbH
CH-9217 Neukirch an der Thur
HEKUCH

Re: add a local file to clipboard

Postby vschuurhof » Thu May 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Servoy offers basic functionality to handle clipboard content, like this:

Code: Select all
application.setClipboardContent('some_content');

With this you could also get content of a file, but would not be very suitable other than some text within that file. Java offers functionality to copy a full file to the clipboard, but then you would have to investigate Java APIs which you can use directly inside Servoy code. Perhaps you can have a look at this page: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1102 ... rd-in-java

If you would have this working, then in Servoy you could use it together with the existing drag and drop functionality to make this work.
Vincent Schuurhof
Servoy
vschuurhof

Return to Programming with Servoy