Access files in AWS S3 Bucket

Questions and answers on designing your Servoy solutions, database modelling and other 'how do I do this' that don't fit in any of the other categories

Access files in AWS S3 Bucket

Postby jdbruijn » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:21 am

Does anyone have experience accessing files in an AWS S3 Bucket from within Servoy?
For a customer, I am required to download a data file every day and they are only able to provide this file in an AWS Bucket.
Any hints or samples are welcome.
Jos de Bruijn
Focus Feedback BV
Servoy Certified Developer
jdbruijn

Re: Access files in AWS S3 Bucket

Postby kwpsd » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi, Jos.

I never heard of an AWS Bucket and, therefore, Googled for it. While poking around, I stumbled onto the following link which refers to the AWS Bucket API. Perhaps, it will help or, at least, get you started?

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/Welcome.html
Kim W. Premuda
San Diego, CA USA
kwpsd

Re: Access files in AWS S3 Bucket

Postby Gordon McLean » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:27 am

Hi
There are several options for accessing S3 which are detailed on the Amazon Cloud site. The REST option is probably the most familiar for Servoy but involved with a complex authentication process. The other options are by installing their Command Line Interface tools and separately their SDK. It is not a super simple process, however once mastered very powerful.

I use it mainly has a backup for scans stored on a large amazon flash drive, so the scans are copied to the drive by Servoy in the normal way and then daily backups are made to S3. I have not thus far used its as a resource directly connected to Servoy so can't give you a specific example sorry

Best
Gordon
Gordon McLean
Clickdigital.com
Gordon McLean

Return to Programming with Servoy